Lyle MacDonald nails it

Options
https://youtu.be/6846ZTBu08k

Amazing video. So much information I thought you guys would appreciate.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,511 Member
    Options
    Endorsed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I'll have to bookmark this for later.

I've been waiting on his new book.

Thanks for posting!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Watched the whole thing. Very interesting. Reminding me just how complex my body is gets me all tingly inside.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Watching.

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Some people are just objectively more screwed.
    Birth control is a god awful nightmare.

Lyle makes me smile...I appreciate the lack of BS.

Thanks for sharing. More info than I've seen re:the new women's book so far on the site.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking for later. Thanks!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Love it. But I'm starting to shut down during the birth control discussion.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I want this information but I don't have time right now to watch an hour long video!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was super interesting. I had time to kill anyway and this was a good use of that time :)

~Lyssa
  • arditarose
    Options
    lol I watched the whole thing and then put on my IceCream4PRs podcast and the new episode was Lyle talking about the same thing so I listened to an hour of that while grocery shopping.
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and I'm pretty sure I just learned stuff about myself that not even my doctors have ever bothered to explain. Thank you sooooo much for posting this. Also "Dude chick" lol. That's what my husband calls me, and it's a compliment when he says it. :smiley:
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It certainly makes me feel better knowing that women are so variable, adaptable, versatile and that is why we can be doing everything as we have been told, but don't see the results men do.

Plus I'm rethinking my diet and exercise plan around my monthly cycle.
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lyle is the man. Makes me rather glad to be one as well, and more sympathy with my wife. The book might be a revelation. High hopes and baited breath. The channel is also rather good so thank you for the new resource.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    bumping for people who may have missed this thread. so much useful info.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Run out of time. Can anyone quickly summarise what we have need to do around our monthly cycle? Can we eat more?? Can we?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I watched the whole thing. It explains alot. I wish he had gone into more detail on menopause though. Yes, it's harder for a female to lose that last 20 lbs and keep it off. We need a strategy to be successful. Drawing back to study mine................ Thanks for the link.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I found it incredibly interesting from a physiology point of view. My take away was that there are a lot more mitigating factors for women but it is what it is and being aware of those things is half the battle in overcoming them and adjusting both your effort and expectations accordingly.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I found it incredibly interesting from a physiology point of view. My take away was that there are a lot more mitigating factors for women but it is what it is and being aware of those things is half the battle in overcoming them and adjusting both your effort and expectations accordingly.

Same here.

The math is the same for males and females, but females have a whole slew of other things coming in to play. This can make weight(fat) loss more difficult, both mentally and physically. Weight loss is less likely to be linear, and then there's the added insult of potential strength setbacks for those that lift.

I may watch this again so I can take better note of a few things and try playing around with my workouts a bit based on the info he shared.

~Lyssa
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Marking for reference. Lyle is a great source