How to differentiate hunger from thirst...

Options
I'm having one of those days where I feel the constant need to eat. I know a lot of people will eat thinking they are hungry when its actual thirst. So what I want to know is how can you tell the difference? The feeling I have now feels like hunger. I chugged a bunch of water and its still there.

Replies

• shrink4sryear
    Options
    I'm not really sure how to differentiate the two because I struggle with the same problem, but whenever I'm hungry (or atleast) think I'm hungry I drink a full glass of water first. Doing that usually fills me up to where I don't WANT to eat. Hope I helped some. :)
  • massmech8111
    Options
    Is your mouth dry?? JK
    ok , everyone has the kinda day where ya could literally eat a horse...push through it,the goals you set are far greater than the immediate satisfaction of overeating..

ask yourself if your drinking enough water for what you do..i drink a lot! (its also 95deg here in louisiana) and i work in a shop..
    if you are hydrated fully then you may be nervous eating? or just having one of those days? just push through and you will be fine:)
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I also go by the rule of drinking a glass of water first, and if i'm still hungry 30minutes after - eat.

not the most practical thing with a busy life style but i can make something that i can bring with me if i am hungry or eat at a later time.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I actually have days where i'm hungry all day. All the other days are normal. It's not a hydration thing. I drink plenty of water.