Ideal first date

Options

Replies

• helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    my ideal first date is all about the company / convo / connection....but McDonalds would be a no go, it is obviously a game and I haven't eaten there in about 2 years and refuse to ever again, its vile. Maybe Wendys....but yeah I can have fun anywhere with an awesome person I'm really into or curious about.
  • Funnybunnyboo
    Options
    you know you have a whole troop of 'ladies' hanging off your every word, dont you??
    well till then, i could provide some back up 2cnd date material...lol
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    My ideal first date would involve her having a bass boat.

..or her own shotgun.

I don't have a shotgun, but I do have a Ruger .380 and a concealed carry permit. Makes for some interesting first date conversations when I have to tell a guy I can't drink because I have a gun in my purse.

I don't know.... a .380 just doesn't have the same effect on a yield sign as a 12ga. Maybe I should be more open minded.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My Ideal first date is she shows (^:
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    definitely not a loud place and not a movie! you can't talk in either one!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Yeah, movies are a bad idea if it's a person you don't know very well. If you already know them pretty well but have never been romantically involved, sitting next to someone in the dark for 2 hours has a way of intensifying things.

When a guy takes me home, I always feel like I want to ask him to come in so we can talk more in a quiet setting, but then I feel like it's trampy to invite a guy into your home on a first date, even if you have no intention at all of getting intimate with him. But I like to ask questions. Not lame questions like "What's your favorite color?" but awesome questions like "What would your last meal be if you were on death row and about to be executed?" or "What's the hardest thing you've ever done?" or "Have you ever wished you had been born the opposite sex?" and the ever popular "Boxers or briefs?" But I would never ask a question that I didn't feel comfortable answering about myself because that just ain't right.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Well, the first date I went on when the guy I'm currently dating, we went to Sonic and got drinks.. he got a milkshake and I got a cherry limeade :smile: He lives on the other side of town, but his parents own 4 radio stations and he works there, so we went up to the radio station office and just talked. It was really comfortable and we got to know each other really fast... we talked for 6 hours that night! I don't need someone with a lot of money or a fancy date to impress me, I thought this first date was perfect.:heart:
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    <
    a nice relaxing paddle is always great. Or a moderate hike. Something outdoors where you can talk, but not so strenuous it's distracting. Unless, of course, you met online, in which case being out in the wilds might not be the smartest idea.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Drinks and talking are totally fine for a first date if that was the intent all along. A lot of people get together for drinks or coffee or whatever before they go out on actual dinner date. But when you ask a girl out, and she thinks you're taking her on a real date, and then you pull into McDonald's (or any other fast food restaurant), that's just not cool. It just shows a total lack of respect, in my opinion, especially when you're just testing her. I don't understand that theory anyway (trying to find out if she's a gold-digger). Why would you even ask someone on a date if you thought there was a possibility that she was just after your money? Oh, right. Sex.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My DREAM first date would be for the man to take me to a Red Wings game.
    Or even if he took me to a sports bar to watch the game, I'd be content.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Our first three dates - ice skating, a friend's birthday party and farm shopping with my family. I think we consider the skating our first date, but not sure what order they really came in. Fourteen years later, I think they were all pretty good.
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my first date with my husband (we've been married eleven years, and together 15).

We met through my ex fiancé, and he then went on to sub let a room in the house I was renting at the time. Once I saw how much he liked cats (and more importantly how much the cats liked him) it was kind of inevitable that we ended up together... :)
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Personally, I prefer to do an activity where you can focus on something else, but can still talk.

The ideal first date = Miniature Golf or Ice Skating...

Dinner dates are great later, but if it turns out you have no chemistry with this person you just end up staring at each other for 20 minutes while waiting for your food to come. Plus there is the awkward manners thing and elbows on the table and everything that goes along with that... no thanks. Lets go smack some golf-balls around at windmills and have some laughs!
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I would like to find out what a second date is like. sad030.gif

I'd just be happy with a first date with someone at this point :cry:
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options

Am with ya there! lol
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    A great first date for me is a movie, concert, comedy show, amusement park....and the only time McDonalds on a first date is ever ok (IMO) is if you are up into the wee hours of the morning and need to eat or die on the ride home! :wink:
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    My first date with my husband(married 15 years now) was a play at the local college we were both attending. We saw the play, which was awesome and then picked up taco bell afterwards. It was a great first date! For our anniversary a couple of years ago he gave me the flyer from the play that he had framed. It now hangs proudly on my living room wall.

Most of our dates after that were hockey games.
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Am with ya there! lol
    I'm with you both! But I haven't had a date in so long the thought of it scares me to death!:sad:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I agree there...it's just not in the cards for me for a good long while =(.

Also, unfortunately I hate dating. Not the actual process...going out and having fun with someone you care about is really nice. It's the game I hate...I'm a person who says what I mean, and puts who I am out there on the table from the get go (not like 'in your face and deal with it'...more like 'this is me!'). For some reason, others seem to have a problem doing this. If I had a PENNY for every time a girl told me honesty and trust are paramount in a relationship, then cheats and/or lies...yeah. The same goes for 'my significant other comes first' and 'when I say I love someone I mean it forever'. Honorable mention goes to 'I'm not the jealous type' and 'I'm not the type that seeks attention'.

Anyhow...first dates should be low pressure...at fun venues where you can talk and enjoy each other's conversation. Miniature golf is awesome (as has been said), as is some type of picnic with easy to eat foods and beautiful scenery. Going to the zoo and/or lunch/dinner is an awesome first date.

Now, here's something to think about. Once it's been established we like each other...the second, third, or fourth dates become even more important!! I've taken girls to the races for third and later dates, and to concerts, a game, or other loud...busy events where you don't really get to talk...but you get to hold hands and just enjoy each other's presence for an extended period. Because lets face it...if you stay together, yes...being able to converse is critical!!...but so is just being able to exist, and be comfortable in each other's presence.

The ultimate second date is a large carnival or state fair. Lots of holding hands, fun...laughs...food if you want...and if you want to talk you can walk circles doing nothing but enjoying the atmosphere. You also have lots of short, adrenaline filled rides to break up any seriousness and keep the mood exciting =D.

Wow...I rambled a good bit there lol.

Cris
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    My ex took me on this crazy ordeal for a first date. He is a singer in a well known band, and I was the one girl who wouldn't sleep with him right away (I was only 16!). He picked me up in a rolls royce, we drove to hollywood to some shi-shi exclusive restaurant, and he had a bunch of other little surprises throughout the night. He tried to sleep with me that night too, but no way... Having sex scared me especially with someone like him. After a tumultuous on-and-off relationship for three years, we broke up and I met my boyfriend now. He took me to a nice but casual restaurant, a little hole in the wall italian place. We had a nice long walk through laguna beach, and before you know it, it was two am on a sunday. He took me home and the rest is history.

So, I think a casual atmosphere that isn't too loud so you can talk and get to know each other, is perfect :) It shouldn't break the bank but shouldn't be cheap either. I would be very offended if someone took me too McDonald's on a first date considering I wouldn't ever eat that food, anyway. If you want to be cheap then cook for the girl, or take her to a cute little deli or something. Cheap doesn't have to mean disgusting!