Why hasn't anybody noticed my weight loss?

Options
I guess I was hoping people might notice my weight loss, but no one has yet to say anything. I'm down 15lbs and still have another 25 lbs to lose. I definitely can tell and I definitely feel better? Any thoughts?

Replies

• Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well i lost 20 and i feel like a look bigger than i did before maybe when you lose the rest theyll be like "wow!"
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    May take some time, I am still waiting as well, after losing 50 lbs so far. But when it does happen it will be so worth it.
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You guys are right and I guess after all I am losing it for myself.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    NOTICE ME SENPAI, NOTICE MEEEEEE
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    That being said I lost over 30 lbs from not too long ago and no one ever really knew. It's harder if they see you frequently for them to notice - coworkers that hadn't seen me in months did, but my family thinks I've been the same weight since about high school it seems.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Have you bought any new clothes? People usually don't notice until you are down a clothes size and buy some new form fitting clothes.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    In my experience, people DO notice, but they may not feel comfortable saying something to you about it. There are actually a lot of people who do not want people to make comments about their body, so it's possible that the people who aren't saying something to you aren't sure how you'd feel about getting comments. You might want to bring it up yourself somehow, to "break the ice" and let them know you're open to talking about it.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »
    In my experience, people DO notice, but they may not feel comfortable saying something to you about it. There are actually a lot of people who do not want people to make comments about their body, so it's possible that the people who aren't saying something to you aren't sure how you'd feel about getting comments. You might want to bring it up yourself somehow, to "break the ice" and let them know you're open to talking about it.

Good points - I've heard this said as well. It could also be that it's just not that noticeable to others yet, even if you feel it should be - I read somewhere a while back that it takes about 8lbs before any loss is visible in your face, and 16lbs before it's seen on the body. But I would imagine that varies depending on your size and shape to start with, and how often people see you.

OP, maybe when you drop a size or two you could buy something fitted and make a comment about how you're happy you can wear it now you've lost weight, or something along those lines? That might help break the ice, as @64crayons said. :smile:

ETA: I've lost 14lbs so far but I'm still over 200, so I don't think it's noticeable to anyone other than my husband yet. Besides which, I was laid off before I started losing so I rarely see the people who were used to the way I looked anyway!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Some people may have noticed and just haven't said anything. Sometimes weight loss can be a touchy subject. They may not want to offend you by implying you were heavier before or that you needed to lose a few pounds. Other people don't like getting comments on their own weight loss.

Just think about who you're doing this for. Are you doing it to fish for compliments or are you doing this because you want to be healthier and make a lifestyle change?
  • Mirasaki
    Mirasaki Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »

This is very true, and I think some people don't want to mention anything because someone might be offended by thinking they're saying they were uglier before, or something along that line.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter who notices ?
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Unless you are already near or at normal weight, 15lbs isn't really that noticeable. Maybe it is enough for observant people to wonder, but they may think that their mind is messing with them and it isn't really any of their business anyway.

Who cares, you are doing this to be a better you, not fish for head pats.
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    Have you bought any new clothes? People usually don't notice until you are down a clothes size and buy some new form fitting clothes.

Haven't bought any new clothes yet, I am waiting to hit the 20lb mark. I should try some of my smaller clothes to see if they fit!
  • Berkgal33
    Berkgal33 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There is a timeline I have found to be accurate. If you are seriously eating better etc..then I have found you yourself notice changes after 4 weeks, your close friends and family notice after 8 weeks and the world seems to notice after 12 weeks.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If people see you all the time they notice it slowly. But if you only see the person ever now and then you will get the "have you lost weight" or "oh my you look so good"
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    The only people on my life likely to comment think that "Did you lose weight?" Is just the right thing to say to fat people.
  • sssgilbe
    sssgilbe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Some people may not comment on a weight loss from concern it could be from a serious health problem.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    NOTICE ME SENPAI, NOTICE MEEEEEE

Oh my god I love that video
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I agree that people that see you every day may not notice. I saw someone the other day that hadn't seen me in two months, and she noticed. But people I work with every day haven't said a thing.
  • colekelly2535
    colekelly2535 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It does feel good when people notice but it also gives me anxiety to have all that attention. I find I'm constantly repeating my methods of losing weight to people. They all want to start losing and get healthy but none of them have ever started it.