stuck in a cube trying to lose weight.

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to lose the rest of my weight so that I can finally feel good about my self and hopefully feel better. I say lose the rest of my weight because I lost 30lbs back in 07. I was around 200lb at my highest and I am down to 163lb as of this morning. I am 5ft 10inches for my height. Most people would say I don't need to lose anymore, but due to having semi-extreme scoliosis I have to be around the bottom numbers for someone my height which is 148-153. Another reason why I have to be at the bottom weight is because my spine is settling as well. I have shrunk 2 or more inches in the last 3 years. So this has been a real wake up call for me.

So I have a desk job and am stuck sitting for 8 hours or more a day. I am also going to school full time (online). So that is some more sitting on certain nights of the week. Sounds like fun huh?

Therefore, since I am unable to get exercise in like I want does anyone have any suggestions for low cal foods or protein packed foods? I would even take some advise on certain exercises that do not jar the spine. I am unable to run or jog, but I can walk.

Its nice to meet all of you. Can't wait to hopefully shed some pounds along with yah!

Replies

• AKAMrsR
    AKAMrsR Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Your progress so far is great! I lost about 15lbs before discovering this site and I'm slowly but surely getting to my healthy range. I am 5'9" and currently want to be 160, but in the back of my mind I know 150ish would be even healthier. My mother also has scoliosis (not severe) and she could be inspired by your story.
  • Postlethwaite
    Postlethwaite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey:) I am recovering from an ugly period of health issues myself, and find exercise can be a little tough. I like to try new things, so I have had lots of different experiences with exercise (good and bad.. /yoga yikes) I know how frustrating it is when there are limits you didn't ask for, but wound up with. Walking is a great exercise and is my main one. I like dog walking in particular. Swimming is a good exercise if you have to be careful of certain movements. I found a local hotel that allowed me to purchase a year-long membership to their pool and fitness room. I have had some fun on youtube and various other places watching videos of different kinds of exercise and trying them out. Makes for a great rainy day option!!