Spiralizer

Options

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I know the tray, totally would be difficult. With a REALLY super sharp knife, you can do it pressed against the vegetable as it's coming out (almost like slicing in mid air) and it works okay.

Sometimes I just rip them as they're coming out, and I often slice my vegetables lengthwise so that I can get the little half moons. They're easier to eat!
  • Hjaye7512
    Hjaye7512 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat zoodles much on WW but I do now that I'm counting calories and love the hand held spiralizer..haven't tried any of the newer ones but I will soon
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Hjaye7512 wrote: »
    I didn't eat zoodles much on WW but I do now that I'm counting calories and love the hand held spiralizer..haven't tried any of the newer ones but I will soon

What's cool about the countertop versions is that you can use odd shaped veggies that wouldn't fit into the handheld like beets, butternut squash, turnips, celeriac, etc. I've had mine for 3-4 years and use it all the time, plus I bought 3 more over the years as gifts.
  • gosiaks
    gosiaks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that x it looks amazing :smiley:
    If you're looking for recipes, inspiralized.com is the best! It's a recipe blog of only spiralized vegetables, and her cookbook is amazing too.

• stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just tried spiralizing a sweet potato with a vegetti and was completely unsuccessful :( now considering a more expensive one!
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    @stephinator92 the paderno is under $30 on Amazon and has worked well for me - butternut squash and all!
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    @Queenmunchy it's on my wish list! Will definitely be my next gadget!
  • k8mcminn
    k8mcminn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mine is coming today. can't wait to give a try!
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Finally put mine together last night and used it with zucchini/yellow squash to make noodles for a spaghetti and sauce thing. There's an issue with the suction cups on mine not suctioning so that's a bummer, but the company is sending me replacement suction cups. I'm looking forward to trying out more vegetables in it :)
  • SpaMaria8
    SpaMaria8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I got mine, ordered from Amazon & got it in 2 days! It is from Mueller, the triangular one with 2 suction cups & a tray to catch food & it uses gravity the way it works, plus it has a juicer...not sure exactly what to call it versus the others... It should be great for any size food, anyone with dexterity issues.
    I can't wait to try it!!!
  • lruth4207
    lruth4207 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to buy one! I have been watching the Kitchen Aid infomercial... It looks easy and amazing!
  • alternateusername
    alternateusername Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Noodles in broth based Asian style soups is awesome.
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Which kind does everyone have?? Just looked on Amazon and they go from $6 to $29 for a table top model to $79 to attach to my kitchen aid. Have been thinking about getting one for some time now and now I am ready to take the plunge!!
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Paderno (from amazon) or inspiralizer. I've had the paderno 3 blade for a long time. It works amazing! If it ever breaks, I may buy the inspiralizer.
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else as obsessed with spiralizing vegetables as I am? Zoodles are just about my favorite thing in the world! We have also tried it with yellow squash, carrots and sweet potato, and they have all turned out great. We saute them with garlic, olive oil and a little lemon juice for 3ish minutes, or until they get tender. Delicious!

Love my spiralizer. When I first got it I went overboard and got tired of it. Now I mix it into a weekly meal plan to change things up. So many ways to get creative! Plus it helps me feel like im eating pasta hahaha
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Irishsugar wrote: »
    Which kind does everyone have?? Just looked on Amazon and they go from $6 to $29 for a table top model to $79 to attach to my kitchen aid. Have been thinking about getting one for some time now and now I am ready to take the plunge!!

I got the vegetti pro at walmart. Was fairly cheap and has a few different options for ribbon cutting, thick and thin spirals.
  • alisonbank
    alisonbank Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just made zoodles with a can of clam sauce and a little pesto and frozen shrimp. DELICIOUS.
  • SpaMaria8
    SpaMaria8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Mine is from Mueller and it is white and kinda triangular, it juices, slices, spiralizes downward with gravity instead of sideways. Spiral, Ultra 4 blade Spiralizer, 8 in 1 spiral slicer. It has a cup/tray that catches your food/juice too! $27.99 on Amazon.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    spamaria8 wrote: »

Mine is from Mueller and it is white and kinda triangular, it juices, slices, spiralizes downward with gravity instead of sideways. Spiral, Ultra 4 blade Spiralizer, 8 in 1 spiral slicer. It has a cup/tray that catches your food/juice too! $27.99 on Amazon.

That's the one I have. I've only used it for spiralising, but it's very easy to use and is dishwasher safe. Sometimes I get a bit carried away and overfill the container, so watch out for that!
  • ClaireSelensky
    ClaireSelensky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is there a certain brand of spiralizer that is good to great quality that won't break under pressure?