Throw out the too big clothes or no?

Options
2»

Replies

• aamorthland
    aamorthland Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I got rid of all my BIG clothes and almost everything we consider "stretchy" or "forgiving". I came home after a 3.5 week vacation where I didn't even watch my intake = 8 lb gain. I had no choice but to lose all my vacation weight and now I am on the way down again after that gain. If I had comfy clothes I think I would have not pushed so hard to be get back into my pre- vacation size.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Donate it. Plus, you will have more room for all your new clothes.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Why give yourself the option of gaining it back.
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree with your friend! Out with the old in with the new!!!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Berkgal33 wrote: »
    I may even tell my friend she was right.

LOL!

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Give it all to charity. That's what I did
    I never want to wear that size again anyway
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Get rid of them and refuse to re-buy larger clothing.
  • kmrjpr
    kmrjpr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think if the value of the clothes or condition is decent...have alterations done to fit your new size and shape.

Also are they timeless pieces or trendy? If trendy donate. By hanging on you give yourself a safety net to regain weight because you have clothes that fit.
  • Mirasaki
    Mirasaki Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If there is a top or dress that you particularly like then maybe think of getting them resized, but other than that it would be best to just give them away so there is no going back :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I keep one pair of pants a size up from my current size and that is it. I would not keep anything that is big enough that I needed to replace it because it looked sloppy.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    Donate it. Plus, you will have more room for all your new clothes.

What she said!!! Loudly! :)
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I agree with your friend. Donate that stuff to someone who needs it. I would agree to keep an outfit that you used to wear when you were bigger. Preferably one that you took a pic in when you were bigger so you can compare and be like dang.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I keep one pair of pants a size up from my current size and that is it. I would not keep anything that is big enough that I needed to replace it because it looked sloppy.

Same here, I keep one pair a size up. Comes in handy around that TOTM and I'm bloated as hell haha. Everything else (besides some random big t-shirts that I keep for painting in or whatever) I get rid of and promise to never go back to that size again.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I get rid of stuff the moment it doesn't fit anymore. I don't mind wearing things that have become a bit baggy / loose but essentially still look okay but if it's more than a size out it goes on Ebay or the charity shop.

I would never keep clothes "just in case I regain it all". That's like setting yourself up to fail.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I think you've answered your own question with that brief personal history. This time, get rid of it for good.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Berkgal33 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone who posted. I REALLY appreciate it. So the clothes are going to Goodwill except for the 1 pair of the biggest pants and sweater to keep to show me how big I had gotten. I may even tell my friend she was right.

Congrats on your weight loss success & also letting go of the past.

High FIVE !! You go girl :):)
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I agree with your friend in theory. If you aren't wearing it - toss it! If you are still wearing some of the too big because you don't want to buy until you've lost more - wear it to the end of the season then toss it! Toss it = donate or toss whichever is appropriate!
  • Demoneia
    Demoneia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I purged my closet a month ago after losing 50+ pounds. It felt great because to me it was a declaration that I was never going back to that weight. Now I'm only filling my closet with stuff that I really love.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    No going back! Get rid of them.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Most people here are saying to get rid of the clothing that is too large, does it help with MAINTENANCE to let the bigger lothing go?