Finally Ready for MFP Friends! Please add :-)

Options
Hi! I started this journey on Jan. 5th, but have kept my profile private until today. I've gone from 210 lbs to 187 lbs in about 3 months. I'm happy with my progress. Just over 50% done as my ultimate goal is 165 lbs. I'm 36, 5'8" and tend to carry my weight pretty well, so 165 looks nice on me, while still allowing me to indulge in some of the things I really enjoy (beer, chocolate, burgers). I try to work out 3-4 times per week, usually the gym a few times and one non-gym workout like Zumba or a hike. Next weekend I'm going to try a kettleball class I bought on Groupon, just to mix things up. Over the last week or so, I've been slacking (eating over my limit and skipping workouts). I think part of the reason is added stress at work and I think I'm also hitting the wall a bit. I have maintained my weight, but no losses. I plan on getting back on track tomorrow with an early morning workout and staying within my caloric goals. I thought this would be a great time to finally open up my profile and make some friends on MFP for accountability and to support each other. So please add me if something resonated with you in my post. Thanks and good luck! :-)

Replies

• Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'll request you!! Great loss congrats and keep it up!
  • vegasleo79
    vegasleo79 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @Glampinupdoll thank you!
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    vegasleo79 wrote: »
    Hi! I started this journey on Jan. 5th, but have kept my profile private until today. I've gone from 210 lbs to 187 lbs in about 3 months. I'm happy with my progress. Just over 50% done as my ultimate goal is 165 lbs. I'm 36, 5'8" and tend to carry my weight pretty well, so 165 looks nice on me, while still allowing me to indulge in some of the things I really enjoy (beer, chocolate, burgers). I try to work out 3-4 times per week, usually the gym a few times and one non-gym workout like Zumba or a hike. Next weekend I'm going to try a kettleball class I bought on Groupon, just to mix things up. Over the last week or so, I've been slacking (eating over my limit and skipping workouts). I think part of the reason is added stress at work and I think I'm also hitting the wall a bit. I have maintained my weight, but no losses. I plan on getting back on track tomorrow with an early morning workout and staying within my caloric goals. I thought this would be a great time to finally open up my profile and make some friends on MFP for accountability and to support each other. So please add me if something resonated with you in my post. Thanks and good luck! :-)

You sound so similar to me! I started on Jan 6 and I've gone from 215 to 193 in that time.
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great job on your success so far! Stay on the wagon! Kettlebell workouts are fun. I have one on dvd.
  • Hjaye7512
    Hjaye7512 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I can always use support add me
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would love to follow you. ☺ I started in Dec l, gone from 245 to 230. Need some inspiration from people
  • embear2
    embear2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I've previously done this solo but this time I've added friends and I'm really enjoying it. Great to get daily support from like minded people.
  • Rit1603
    Rit1603 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Im your same age and height! How do i add you?
  • TGraceS
    TGraceS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Added you! Having friends on here is so much better than not! I've given up a couple times before I discovered the community :)
  • julia0427
    julia0427 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request. Sounds like we have a lot in common (37 years old and looking to drop 50 lbs). Hope to hear from you.
  • deetucker70
    deetucker70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome progress! New to MFP, haven't figured out how to add friends, but I will try! Would love some support:)
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Very similar stats! I'm 37, 5'8", and 165ish, looking to get to 150. My diary is open. Sending a friend request!
  • RobynUnfiltered
    RobynUnfiltered Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good for You! it seems like you have a good handle on things and your goals are realistic and healthy. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to do so. I try to reply or like all of my friends at least once a week, usually more.
  • madkcole
    madkcole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has been an awesome way for me to learn better eating habits. I love it. But I think we all go thru periods where we slack off a bit. I know I do, but after a couple of days or so I jump right back on and so far it those slack off periods haven't set back too much. Good luck to you!
  • lisakhouck
    lisakhouck Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll send you a friend request! Great job on your loss. I'm working on mine now. Down about 16 and 38 more to go :)
  • vegasleo79
    Options
    @madkcole That is ver encouraging to hear, thank you for the add!
  • vegasleo79
    Options
    @RobynUnfiltered tank you for the dad and sweet words! Good luck to you too!
  • vegasleo79
    Options
    @katsmo thank you for the add! :-)
  • cgoldbronn
    cgoldbronn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. I'm recently back on the app to loose weight. And I found it very helpful to have friends to inspire & encourage me - as I do them, I'll add you. Remember it's a journey...and you're going to make it.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi I have added you