CUT IT OUT. Challenge of fasting.

Options
JuliaCTurk
JuliaCTurk Posts: 13 Member
edited March 2016 in Challenges
Okay! I am horrible and I mean horrible at giving up my true loves. I.E. cheese, candies, the occasional cherry coke, and sugar! Howeve I know for a FACT I am not alone. Once we get to finally relax from out busy life we just wanna munch on crap. Here is my proposal:

Join me! With sharing our diaries to one another and holding one another accountable! My goal is to lose 35 lbs by October. Together lets cut out sugars (not fruits), processed food (fast foods) and if you are lactose intolerant like me dairy! (Oh why do i toture myself with beautiful string cheese in the fridge). For the whole month of April who is in?!?!

Simplified:
No dairy (if you too are lactose intolerant)
No sugars
No processed foods
Diary sharing
Accountability
Encouragment
All of April

Thanks y'all just add me as a friend after commenting!♡♡ God bless.

Replies

• Becky71_cm
    Becky71_cm Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • pemberley1967
    pemberley1967 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • farsaunikorn
    farsaunikorn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • thelewisgirl
    thelewisgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • Lewisg51
    Lewisg51 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good luck !
  • glossysweetums
    glossysweetums Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • aliceocean2
    aliceocean2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely in!!
  • aliceocean2
    Options
    Is there a group that will be created for this? It would be great to follow each other and keep easy contact :)
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    just for my understanding - what is the purpose or goal of cutting of all of that?
  • Becky71_cm
    Becky71_cm Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    just for my understanding - what is the purpose or goal of cutting of all of that?

For me, it's food sensitivites/intolerances and systemic inflammation. I have no problem with people enjoying these things, but for me I feel better without.
  • meredith6645
    meredith6645 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in...definitely up for this Challenge!! But it's not much of a challenge for me even though I cheat every once in a blue moon my diet is based off of a small piece of protein and fruits and vegetables and only water and there's not very many people that can live like that.. but I changed like this because of a few reasons and I'll tell you I've lost weight and the results of the way that I feel have just been absolutely magnificent... and I just put up a challenge of "no processed foods".." no salt"...." water challenge" not many people could do it because they don't want to give up all that junk that is hurting them..... So this is challenge that I would love to see people join along with mine as well.

Good luck
  • meredith6645
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »

Because I don't think people realize how much processed food actually hurts our bodies and causes diseases and serious medical conditions If people could only understand if they would have stopped all of that all the processed food how much better they would feel their lives would change dramatically it is a challenge but it's a challenge that is so worth it though once you get used to not eating all that junk and you go back and you try it you will ask yourself what you were thinking about when you put it in your mouth in the first place the benefits of not eating processed food is unlimited it's a healthier way of living I've passed this down to my children they do not have one ounce of fat on them and their doctors are very impressed with how their body is and how much they weigh and wish other parents would do the same for their kids keep processed foods away from your kids are away from yourselves.
  • mbeezee88
    mbeezee88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im in :D
  • farsaunikorn
    farsaunikorn Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Meredith, I would love to join your challenge too. I need to do no salt. No processed food. More water!
    I'm definitely in...definitely up for this Challenge!! But it's not much of a challenge for me even though I cheat every once in a blue moon my diet is based off of a small piece of protein and fruits and vegetables and only water and there's not very many people that can live like that.. but I changed like this because of a few reasons and I'll tell you I've lost weight and the results of the way that I feel have just been absolutely magnificent... and I just put up a challenge of "no processed foods".." no salt"...." water challenge" not many people could do it because they don't want to give up all that junk that is hurting them..... So this is challenge that I would love to see people join along with mine as well.

Good luck

• Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it! I'm already on board, aside from dairy. I have no problems with dairy :)
  • meredith6645
    Options
    Meredith, I would love to join your challenge too. I need to do no salt. No processed food. More water!

Good luck

Please do <3
  • bajan2u2
    bajan2u2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    JuliaCTurk wrote: »
    Okay! I am horrible and I mean horrible at giving up my true loves. I.E. cheese, candies, the occasional cherry coke, and sugar! Howeve I know for a FACT I am not alone. Once we get to finally relax from out busy life we just wanna munch on crap. Here is my proposal:

Join me! With sharing our diaries to one another and holding one another accountable! My goal is to lose 35 lbs by October. Together lets cut out sugars (not fruits), processed food (fast foods) and if you are lactose intolerant like me dairy! (Oh why do i toture myself with beautiful string cheese in the fridge). For the whole month of April who is in?!?!

Simplified:
    No dairy (if you too are lactose intolerant)
    No sugars
    No processed foods
    Diary sharing
    Accountability
    Encouragment
    All of April

Thanks y'all just add me as a friend after commenting!♡♡ God bless.

I'm in
  • aliceocean2
    Options
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I might be interested, as I cut out added sugar periodically (it's helpful for me to do once in a while) and have been thinking about doing it again. However, I am against cutting out what I consider processed food, as I see nothing wrong with cheese and cottage cheese/yogurt (very much not lactose intolerant) or smoked salmon or tofu/tempeh or olive oil or, of course, my beloved coffee. Those are processed foods, in the ordinary definition, but they are not fast foods, as the OP seems to indicate is the issue.

Is there a definition that is being used for this challenge so I can see if I would be up for it?
  • JuliaCTurk
    JuliaCTurk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I might be interested, as I cut out added sugar periodically (it's helpful for me to do once in a while) and have been thinking about doing it again. However, I am against cutting out what I consider processed food, as I see nothing wrong with cheese and cottage cheese/yogurt (very much not lactose intolerant) or smoked salmon or tofu/tempeh or olive oil or, of course, my beloved coffee. Those are processed foods, in the ordinary definition, but they are not fast foods, as the OP seems to indicate is the issue.

Is there a definition that is being used for this challenge so I can see if I would be up for it?

Absolutely, processed foods as in fast food and junk food. A more proper definition would be refined food. read this to help! http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/real-food-defined-a-k-a-the-rules/