Any new (or existing) Keto dieters want to join me for this ride?

Options
KennyLaguna2016
KennyLaguna2016 Posts: 45 Member
edited March 2016 in Getting Started
Hello all!
My name is Kenny. I'm originally from California, but now live in New York.

Sure I want to lose a little weight. Since my profile pic I've put on about 25 lbs.... In the last two weeks I've lost 7 of that. My goal is to get down to 180 again.

More important than losing the weight, I've chosen this Keto diet for its othe benefits. I'll be 43 soon, and most of my relatives were taken as a result of heart disease. I feel I'm at the age where my health (and what i put in my body) should be priority one! I know this way of eating is very beneficial to giving me a healthier (longer) life.

I'm finally starting to come out of the "Keto flu" stage, and I'm feeling pretty good. Finally!! If your getting started and would like to join me on this journey, please send a friend request!

Best of luck to everyone, and achieving your fitness goals!!

Replies

• emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am not really getting started, been Keto since last July. Lost about 80 so far with a lot to go. :-) Hope you feel better from the keto flu, I know that isn't fun. Be all over those electrolytes. Salt, magnesium, and potassium are your friends and will help immensely.
  • rnelson88
    rnelson88 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yeah man sounds good. I just started the keto lifestyle 13 days ago and down 10lbs already. I've introduced intermittent fasting about 4 days ago and man what a difference. I feel 10x better, my body is working more efficiently and my energy level is way up! Plus I only have to plan 2 large meals. I've gained 45lbs since last July due to a hip injury. I had corrective surgery 7 weeks ago today and am ready to shed of the unhealthy weight! I've also found a lot of great recipes and tricks to ketoing since I started. We can do this together man!
  • KennyLaguna2016
    Options
    emcdonie wrote: »
    I am not really getting started, been Keto since last July. Lost about 80 so far with a lot to go. :-) Hope you feel better from the keto flu, I know that isn't fun. Be all over those electrolytes. Salt, magnesium, and potassium are your friends and will help immensely.
    Wow!! 80 pounds...that is so awesome! Yes, I've finally raised my sodium intake and got some magnesium supplements. It has helped a ton! As far as potassium goes, what do you use to supplement? Thank you!
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I take a modified Wild Diet approach and I am currently down from a high of 245 to a current weight of 193. While I like keto, it is really hard to plan "family inclusive" meals. That said, I am getting back on the band wagon hard core the first of the month (tomorrow), and sticking to it for 40 days. I usually shed about 15 to 20 lbs doing it. I have a hard time sticking with it longer than that, the temptations just seem to get the best of me. I also have a hard time really putting in the exercise I want due to recurring gout flare ups (one is trying to get my left foot right now).
  • txfatburn
    txfatburn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the Keto diet. I'm with tryin2die2self and am using both the Bulletproof & Wild Diet as a guide with some very slight modifications. I'm really excited! Adding everyone as friends if that's OK. Need all the support I can get.
  • detti777
    detti777 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi just started dieting again, happy to join.
  • allierae218
    allierae218 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting too, on day 2, and have the added challenge of being vegetarian. Gained some weight back after some medical issues and hoping to shed it off and get more exercise in my routine again. New to keto and participating in the community and trying my best to use MFP every day.
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Month into it and loving it. Living a very active lifestyle and weight training six days a week. Anyone here feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Nifesie
    Nifesie Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I started on Monday and log every day, all meals, snacks, water intake, supplements, et cetera. I'm in this way of eating for the long-run (permanently) and would be happy to join anyone else! I've sent you a request OP and to anyone else, please don't hesitate to send me a request!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've been doing my own plan since July of 2015 and am down about 50 pounds. Turns out it is Keto, but I didn't know what Keto was back then. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend if they like. I don't get into the forums too much here.
  • KennyLaguna2016
    Options
    rnelson88 wrote: »
    Yeah man sounds good. I just started the keto lifestyle 13 days ago and down 10lbs already. I've introduced intermittent fasting about 4 days ago and man what a difference. I feel 10x better, my body is working more efficiently and my energy level is way up! Plus I only have to plan 2 large meals. I've gained 45lbs since last July due to a hip injury. I had corrective surgery 7 weeks ago today and am ready to shed of the unhealthy weight! I've also found a lot of great recipes and tricks to ketoing since I started. We can do this together man!

Definitely! Let's do it. I'm glad your feeling better man. Keep it up!
  • KennyLaguna2016
    Options
    I take a modified Wild Diet approach and I am currently down from a high of 245 to a current weight of 193. While I like keto, it is really hard to plan "family inclusive" meals. That said, I am getting back on the band wagon hard core the first of the month (tomorrow), and sticking to it for 40 days. I usually shed about 15 to 20 lbs doing it. I have a hard time sticking with it longer than that, the temptations just seem to get the best of me. I also have a hard time really putting in the exercise I want due to recurring gout flare ups (one is trying to get my left foot right now).
    congrat on the weight loss! Your definitely doing something right. I hear you with the gout man. I suffer as well. Thank god the medicine has been working for me (knock on wood) it's nothing short of a miracle that I've been able to deliver packages for Fedex for the last year with no flair ups. Best of luck to you!

• KennyLaguna2016
    Options
    detti777 wrote: »
    Hi just started dieting again, happy to join.
    Best of luck to you @detti777!! : )
  • KennyLaguna2016
    Options
    I'm just starting too, on day 2, and have the added challenge of being vegetarian. Gained some weight back after some medical issues and hoping to shed it off and get more exercise in my routine again. New to keto and participating in the community and trying my best to use MFP every day.
    That's all we can do is try. Our hardest! Good luck to you and I'm sure you'll do fine! ; )
  • KennyLaguna2016
    Options
    drwilseyjr wrote: »
    Month into it and loving it. Living a very active lifestyle and weight training six days a week. Anyone here feel free to add me if you'd like.
    Good stuff @drwilseyjr!
  • KennyLaguna2016
    Options
    Nifesie wrote: »
    I started on Monday and log every day, all meals, snacks, water intake, supplements, et cetera. I'm in this way of eating for the long-run (permanently) and would be happy to join anyone else! I've sent you a request OP and to anyone else, please don't hesitate to send me a request!
    I am in it for the long haul as well. So awesome that there are so many others with the same goal! Best of luck and request accepted!
  • KennyLaguna2016
    Options
    lowjax75 wrote: »
    I've been doing my own plan since July of 2015 and am down about 50 pounds. Turns out it is Keto, but I didn't know what Keto was back then. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend if they like. I don't get into the forums too much here.

Congrats man that is awesome! I'll definitely add you!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    It is exciting to read these posts of you not waited until you were old to make an eating lifestyle change for better health. I have been eating this way for 1.5 years now and still learning. It is for life at this point in time. I did it for pain management and that worked out well. My weight is down from 250 to 200 for the first time in 22 years and it has maintained at 200 for the last year eating all I want of my macro. The 40 years of IBS resolving after the first six month eating this way was NOT expected but welcomed. I have had some demeaning medical remarks because my cholesterol number when up but at the same time my HDL went way up and my triglycerides dropped like a rock so I knew my blood heath was improving in the right direction. Best of success to you all.

• weighthunter1
    weighthunter1 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Been on keto for 5 weeks and down 22lbs! I thought it would be harder but the results are just so great it's hard to stop.
  • gillygum
    gillygum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's incredible weighthunter!! Congrats! Yes! ME! I've been experimenting with it, but I'm going to commit to it for 50 days (which also happens to be when I will be vacationing to Puerto Rico