April 2016 Running Challenge

Replies

• Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    I'm in for 75km again. Got a weekend away so will miss some longer runs and having a "cutback" week his week as my legs hips and feet are telling me to. Only thought I would ever be doing less to be lazy but am feeling edgy about it and not wanting to reduce my distance. I must have been body snatched.... :wink:

Thanks @Stoshew71 for setting this up and all the other regulars who educate me every day. Also to the newer folk for asking many of the questions I am learning from.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Got through 200 in March, but resting a bit before/after a half-ironman on April 10 (Florida), then tapering for the Pittsburgh marathon (May 1) so I'll cut back to 160.
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Count me in
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Going for 100 miles again this month. Maybe I'll actually hit it this time. No races on the schedule until mid-May (half marathon). Haven't actually registered for that one yet, as I'm waiting for the results from my ankle MRI before I commit to anything. Will hopefully have some answers on Tuesday!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    In for 140 km. Hopeful.

4/1 - 0 km - rest/cross-train/gym or stretching
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Ended up with 186 miles in March, so a good 20 miles over my goal. I've done a better job planning out my training schedule for April though; I'm in for 190 miles, assuming everything goes according to plan!

exercise.png
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    I'm shooting for 100 miles
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    All these big numbers. Starting to think I should be more ambitious....My goal for this month is 16 less than my total for last month.
  • justfarber
    justfarber Posts: 2 Member
    I'm down to join, but how? I'm setting a goal of 75 miles
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    justfarber wrote: »
    I'm down to join, but how? I'm setting a goal of 75 miles

Just declare your goal, as you did, and keep us update on your progress.
  • librarianlady2012
    librarianlady2012 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm just getting started trying to work up to a 5k. Years ago, I did two 5ks and they were good motivation for me. I'm setting a goal of 36 miles for myself.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    I have no clue how many miles I'll run in April, but I expect it will be significantly fewer than the 282.76 I ran in March.

Let's see . . . rest on Friday 4/1. 13 miles on Saturday 4/2. Targets for the next 2 weeks are 50 and 45 miles, but it's taper and I may come in below those numbers. Then I run Boston, and then . . . I see how beat up I am and what I need to do to recover.

So I guess I'll track here for April, but not have a mileage goal. The real goal is to arrive at Hopkinton as healthy as I can, run a good marathon, and recover from the marathon as well as I can. Then 6 days later I'll see whether I can run Flower City as a B race or have to run it as an easy workout.

2016 races:
    January 1, 2016 Resolution Run 7.5 mile (Mendon, NY) finished in 53:58
    January 9, 2016 Winter Warrior Half Marathon (Gates, NY) finished in 1:30:59
    March 12, 2016 Johnny's Runnin' of the Green 5 mile (Rochester, NY) finished in 32:32
    March 26, 2016 Spring Forward Distance Run 15K (Mendon, NY) finished in 1:05:24
    April 18, 2016 Boston Marathon (Hopkinton, MA)
    April 24, 2016 Flower City Challenge Half Marathon (Rochester, NY)
    July 16, 2016 Shoreline Half Marathon (Hilton, NY)
    September 18, 2016 Rochester Marathon (Rochester, NY)

• onesmallchoice
    onesmallchoice Posts: 16 Member
    Hi all! Newbie here, looking to increase distance and make some running friends on MFP! Goal for this month is just 30 miles.

I hope to surpass that but I'm also bouncing back from a back injury so I'm setting low.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    I so look forward to my Friday runs. It's my day off work and my day to hit the trails vs running through neighborhoods in my town. It's literally driving me nuts that I can't run tomorrow :( But I know my back/leg pain will clear up quicker this way.

@onesmallchoice @librarianlady2012 @justfarber Welcome :smiley:
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited April 2016
    @kristinegift Yup, been there, Probably post the Q I have there since I don't want to clutter up this thread like I did last month's challenge thread.

@MNLittleFinn If you do post a Big Question maybe drop a note in this Challenge Forum letting us know. I loved Following them.

140 km Goal with a stretch Goal to 160 km if everything comes together in April.

exercise.png

@greenolivetree A fellow Trail Addict :) . Our local club has a simple motto that @MobyCarp has said more than once. There is no bad running weather - just bad clothing choices.
    We have a small core group of about 2 dozen that are un-officially known as The Winter Warriors and we even have Winter Toques with that logo on them. Ironically the runner in that logo is in shorts and a sleeveless top, definitely not a winter outfit.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @kristinegift Yup, been there, Probably post the Q I have there since I don't want to clutter up this thread like I did last month's challenge thread.

@MNLittleFinn If you do post a Big Question maybe drop a note in this Challenge Forum letting us know. I loved Following them.

140 km Goal with a stretch Goal to 160 km if everything comes together.

exercise.png

Already posted a question about what to do after my cutback week in 2 weeks. Already got some good info and made a tentative decision.
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    For the 4th month in a row my goal is 60 miles. I've not hit it yet but I'll keep trying, fingers crossed for no injuries or illness this month :)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    I am in for 120... was thinking about chasing @Elise4270 too but I am going to try to not over do it :)
    Lots going on the next few months and a busy work schedule looming on the near horizon. I may have to change when/where I run but I will get it in!!

• Ron_Dco
    Ron_Dco Posts: 51 Member
    Hello Everyone,

Setting up a Goal for 45Kms this month. But I want to do better than that :)
  • biscuitnow
    biscuitnow Posts: 141 Member
    Hello! I'm pretty new to running and don't really know how much I can manage, so I'll settle for the modest goal of 10km. :)