Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Favorite k-cup

MamaFunky
MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
I just got a k10 not to long ago and really enjoy it. I usually only have one cup of coffee in the mornings, then one after lunch so the single serve option works out well for me.

I have enjoyed trying the different brands/flavors. So far my favorite is Harris Teeter French vanilla. Anyone else have some favorites?

Replies

• Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    2j5jcih.jpg
  • MamaFunky
    edited March 2016
    2j5jcih.jpg

not those types of cups. :wink: :smiley: (this really made me lol)
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    I tried to GIS k-cup...but I think I just alerted IT...
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Dark Magic. I am answering this question seriously despite the eye-popping distractions. .
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    The one I can refill with whatever coffee I'm into at the time.
  • MamaFunky

I tried a reusable one, but it didn't work to well. What brand refillable cup to you use?
  • MamaFunky
    Dark Magic. I am answering this question seriously despite the eye-popping distractions. .

I've seen the Dark Magic. I'll have to try that one. Thanks!
  • PurringMyrrh
    MamaFunky wrote: »

I tried a reusable one, but it didn't work to well. What brand refillable cup to you use?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/35438038?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228024104291&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40345668992&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78311324072&veh=sem

I found the secret was to leave a little more headspace from the fill-line than you think you need. Used it many times and have only had it be spilly and weird before I started putting a little less in. Even with less there's more grounds than in the disposable ones.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,855 Member
    edited March 2016

Okay.. so this confuses me a bit. . There are dozens of CHEAP single cup (non-k-cup) coffee makers on the market . Why pony up $100 for a Keurig?. . I'm not being sarcastic. .I really am curious about this.

Also, if you buy a sampler pack of k-cups or a few different boxes of your favorite flavors, you get this same benefit. This is what makes my Keurig worth the money: variety with no clean-up.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but this concept of K-cup is irritating to me. Last year there was approximately 9 BILLION k-cups in our landfills! I'm sure this year it's even more due to the popularity of these things.
  • PurringMyrrh

Okay.. so this confuses me a bit. . There are dozens of CHEAP single cup (non-k-cup) coffee makers on the market . Why pony up $100 for a Keurig?. . I'm not being sarcastic. .I really am curious about this.

Also, if you buy a sampler pack of k-cups or a few different boxes of your favorite flavors, you get this same benefit. This is what makes my Keurig worth the money: variety with no clean-up.

I actually grind and French press daily and don't own a Keurig...lol. I just know these work because my friend has one we take on fishing trips and I bought the reusable ones because I hate the thought of throwing all the cups away. Especially when it's like 6-8 per day between the two of us. Plus it's an insanely lower cost if you just have to buy and grind beans.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but this concept of K-cup is irritating to me. Last year there was approximately 9 BILLION k-cups in our landfills! I'm sure this year it's even more due to the popularity of these things.

Thank you. I didn't want to be the one.
  • MamaFunky

I agree with the above, but I guess the same argument could be made for yogurt cups, cottage cheese cups, pudding cups, protein bar wrappers, etc. I need to look into getting one of the reusable k-cup to use. I enjoy the convenience of just making one cup of coffee at a time, so using the reusable cup helps with cost, as well as waste.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member

I agree with the above, but I guess the same argument could be made for yogurt cups, cottage cheese cups, pudding cups, protein bar wrappers, etc. I need to look into getting one of the reusable k-cup to use. I enjoy the convenience of just making one cup of coffee at a time, so using the reusable cup helps with cost, as well as waste.

The things you mentioned are mostly recyclable. K cups are not. They make one cup then go in the trash.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member

The things you mentioned are mostly recyclable. K cups are not. They make one cup then go in the trash.
    http://www.plasticsnews.com/article/20150916/NEWS/150919945/keurig-to-transition-to-recyclable-pp-for-k-cups

Personally, I stick to Kroger brand reusable K-Cup because it's cheaper than buying individual cups.

• tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 369 Member

Debbie, you can buy recyclable k-cups now
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    tcarp8 wrote: »

Debbie, you can buy recyclable k-cups now

That is very cool - hope those that use the regular ones switch over! I'm sure the company just responded to what consumers were asking for!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Dolly Parton
  • edwinhalo2016
    edwinhalo2016 Posts: 11 Member
    Raspberry chocolate truffle
  • TurtlePacer
    TurtlePacer Posts: 4 Member
    Starbucks Verona K-cup - at work or when we travel and our hotel has a Keurig.

I prefer to buy fresh beans and grind, I use a french press, it helps me to not have more than 1-2 cups. I find that if I drink coffee all day, I feel hungry and downhill I go. Plus I am a dairy-free flavored creamer user....to much sugar!!