Any Musicians

Options

Replies

• latincoffee
    latincoffee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    csyount wrote: »
    I sing but have never learned to play an instrument. One of my regrets not learning when I was younger but I guess it's never too late

never too late ;)

• devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Well, I used to sing in a classic rock and country cover band. I also played the drums for a bit but...life got in the way of my Friday and Saturday night gigs.

Music runs in the blood and I'm getting my oldest a guitar for his 7th birthday. I'm so geeked!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I "play" guitar a bit. I never got very good, and then I put it down for 10 years. But, lately I've been practicing a lot. I'm trying to improve my speed. I've been mostly working on standard minor-pentatonic blues riffs and scales just to get my alternate-picking and hand-synch sped up. My kid is probably pretty tired of hearing me play scales for hours on end!.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i play guitar and sing, and write songs.
  • torana_mad_man
    torana_mad_man Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we got a pretty big mfp band going here
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options

We need to pick our first song soon. Then line up some gigs
  • torana_mad_man
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »

We need to pick our first song soon. Then line up some gigs

I'm with you on that
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    French Horn, Piano, Organ, Sing, whistle,
  • FiddleKenna
    FiddleKenna Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Degree in music Voice Performance, worked off broadway, play fiddle, cello, tin whistle and piano .... have a guitar don't know how to play it
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I play guitar - terribly! But it's fun and I really enjoy making music, no matter how badly I do it :)
  • torana_mad_man
    Options
    Degree in music Voice Performance, worked off broadway, play fiddle, cello, tin whistle and piano .... have a guitar don't know how to play it

Impressive . Sounds like you have musical talent flowing through you .
  • rockgoddess2016
    rockgoddess2016 Posts: 8,663 Member
    Options
    I sing. Play guitar and drums. Passion
  • torana_mad_man
    Options
    Mentali wrote: »
    I play guitar - terribly! But it's fun and I really enjoy making music, no matter how badly I do it :)

We all started out by trying and just kept at it untill we got better at it . Keep trying and never put to high of expectation on yourself . Thumbs up for trying to be better .
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You pretty much have to be as it's not an option in my family... Runs too deep.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I wanted to take guitar lessons when I was young. My parents signed me up for the accordian. They clearly didn't get it.

Bought my first drum kit in 1967. From Sears. Got pretty good. Played in a couple of garage bands. Still play. I am now trying to teach myself the harmonica. Frustrating, but I'll improve.
  • jaybeedoubleyou
    jaybeedoubleyou Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I sing write and play acoustic in a band right now.play bass and drums daily too!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I wanted to take guitar lessons when I was young. My parents signed me up for the accordian. They clearly didn't get it.

Bought my first drum kit in 1967. From Sears. Got pretty good. Played in a couple of garage bands. Still play. I am now trying to teach myself the harmonica. Frustrating, but I'll improve.

I wanted to take guitar lessons, and my mom said I could if I took piano lessons first so I could learn to read music and whatnot. I didn't complete the piano lessons and ended up buying a Yahmaha acoustic for $100 when I was 19 and taught myself.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Yup....bagpiper.