• jessicastanfill
    jessicastanfill Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    some of these responses are hilarious :):) THANK YOU
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    SolotoCEO wrote: »
    Eat as clean as possible - fresh fruits and veggies, lean meats, whole grains. He refers to the processed foods as being the toxic - high calorie, low nutritional value. If you are hungry - eat! Just make smart choices.

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with the bolded sentence above.
  • Jleigh225
    Jleigh225 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So according to Joel Fuhrman if I eat energy balls and a multi vitamin, I will be completely satiated? ALL THE NUTRIENTS
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    But I don't wanna eat balls!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    uym6eqc4b6dm.gif
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Does toxic hunger result in an illegal smile?
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I fell into the trap and tried the diet he is promoting. Its basically a low calorie vegan diet and i dont understand how others become vegan, I felt really awful. Yes he was right I stopped feeling hunger but I also felt such low energy that my body probably didnt even care about hunger any more. No idea how people do long term veganism.

If you read the book reviews people claim it really works for them, I just dont get it. Its like a book on how to have an eating disorder.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I fell into the trap and tried the diet he is promoting. Its basically a low calorie vegan diet and i dont understand how others become vegan, I felt really awful. Yes he was right I stopped feeling hunger but I also felt such low energy that my body probably didnt even care about hunger any more. No idea how people do long term veganism.

If you read the book reviews people claim it really works for them, I just dont get it. Its like a book on how to have an eating disorder.

Because most vegans don't eat anything like what he prescribes. I've been vegan for ten years . . . I eat "toxic" foods, cooked foods, fat, sweet stuff, an adequate number of calories.

The key to happy and healthy veganism is not to add a bunch of additional restrictions that don't have anything to do with avoiding animal exploitation and suffering.
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Because most vegans don't eat anything like what he prescribes. I've been vegan for ten years . . . I eat "toxic" foods, cooked foods, fat, sweet stuff, an adequate number of calories.

The key to happy and healthy veganism is not to add a bunch of additional restrictions that don't have anything to do with avoiding animal exploitation and suffering.

Yea the issue with the diet probably wasnt the vegan part but the part that he eliminates fats, 0 salt, and very little carbs besides veggies. His veganism however has nothing to do with animal exploitation but its just a way he claims is healthier to eat.
    I think his book should come with a warning that this doesnt work for everyone. I had 0 energy to exercise.
    Also vegans end up having to take supplements that they miss out from meat.. In diets promoting veganism there should be a chapter dedicated to teaching this and advising how to get all necessary vitamins. And also what amount of protein is considered adequate and how to get it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Yea the issue with the diet probably wasnt the vegan part but the part that he eliminates fats, 0 salt, and very little carbs besides veggies.
    I think his book should come with a warning that this doesnt work for everyone. I had 0 energy to exercise.
    Also vegans end up having to take supplements that miss out from meat.. In diets promoting veganism there should be a chapter dedicated to teaching this and advising how to get all necessary vitamins. And also what amount of protein is considered adequate and how to get it.

The issue definitely wasn't the veganism, it was the additional restrictions. It's very difficult to get adequate calories, fat, and protein on his plan and the food you are eating isn't that enjoyable.