Not losing..

Options
Its day 35 for me and the last 2-3 weeks I have stayed the same weight :/
I haven't been doing a 5 day workout but normally get 1+ 30 min workout in. I eat within my calorie goal (went over a few times but nothing more then 200) in a week I'd say my calorie overage would be less then 300. On average I'm walking 5000+ steps a day and have lowered my calorie intake to lose 1.5 pound a week instead of 1 thinking that would help but nope. I work retail so I'm moving more then not and do heavy lifting once a week on top of that 1+ workout. What am I doing wrong and most importantly what can i do to get over this hump? So disheartening to be good at eating/moving only to look down and see the same numbers

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You are not doing anything wrong.

Weight loss is not linear aka you won't lose every week due to factors in life.

Could be water retention, sodium levels etc.

Give it time.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Could be many things, I always retain water after starting any new exercise. Do you eat back all your exercise calls? If so could be over estimating. That's just a few.. But those are my experiences.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I agree with SezxyStef. It could be water retention or some other factor, and you will see a drop if you stick with it.

Are you using a food scale to weigh your food? It is possible you are eating more than you think.
  • WinterCrystal
    WinterCrystal Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys <3 I sometimes eat back workout calories but not always. I try to end the day with some cals not eaten and try not to eat when i get home after 9pm :)
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It's like that sometimes. I've been hovering at the same weight give or take 1/2lb for almost 3 weeks. I don't worry too much about it as long as the overall trend is that I am not gaining. Careful with the workout calories. I wouldn't eat them all back. No more than 75% just to give yourself cushion for overestimating.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    It could be that you as you said are going over your calorie allottment by 200 calories. It does add up and slow weight loss.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys <3 I sometimes eat back workout calories but not always. I try to end the day with some cals not eaten and try not to eat when i get home after 9pm :)

I wouldn't care about the timing just ensure you are within goal consistently
    meritage4 wrote: »
    It could be that you as you said are going over your calorie allottment by 200 calories. It does add up and slow weight loss.

200 in one week is not going to cause it to stop.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    If the scales are discouraging you, maybe you should put them away for awhile and focus solely on getting the eating under control.

I know how discouraging it is not to see the numbers drop. In a previous MFP membership, I decided to weigh once per month and was shocked to step on the scales after what I thought had been a good month to see that I'd lost maybe 2/10 of a pound. Then I reviewed my stats and saw that I'd gone over calories several times and didn't finish logging a full day too many times. Instead of correcting my nonproductive behavior, I quit. This time, I'm sticking in for the long haul. Changing behavior and losing weight takes time and adjustment.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    could be a number of things but first thing I would do is make sure you are accurately logging what you eat. do you have a food scale? if not, I strongly recommend getting one and weighing all solids
  • WinterCrystal
    WinterCrystal Posts: 37 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have a food scale, also try to weigh myself once a week on sat or sun so I don't get down on myself,um synced with fitbit as well to help keep me on track