Any tips for getting my cat on board with my new lifestyle?

Options
CooCooPuff
CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
edited April 2016 in Chit-Chat
I just switched to the keto lifestyle, but my cat keeps bringing in bread and junk! I need to love my body, what can I do to make my cat realize he is worth more than that Twinkie?

Replies

• FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I recommend you buy him a Fitbit and get him to see a therapist pronto, also take his credit card.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My cat just steals underwear :hushed:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @CooCooPuff I think you and your cat need to attend some counseling together. He needs to recognize your needs and work to fulfill them to allow you to be successful. If he cannot get on board, I suggest you threaten to neuter him. That should work. :D
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    1/10?

Cats don't eat twinkies? Everyone knows that?
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This it the third cat thread today.....

Don't push your lifestyle on to your cat...let your cat make his own choices he is an adult cat! If he chooses to lay in his bed of Cat nip and be fat who are you to judge .....and if he is still a kitten FOR SHAME ON YOU!!!!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Your cat shouldn't have to change just because you do.
    Have some self control and let him do what he wants.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I say get a dog. Dogs love you for who you are and would completely support you. Cats will continuously sabotage you in any way they can. And dogs chase cats, which it's fantastically hilarious to watch the cats get all freaky crazy when they run away. Like, you have claws, stupid cat. Why run away like that?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Hey, just because you've changed your dietary habits, it isn't fair to expect your cat to change his. Maybe once he sees how well you're doing, he may change his mind, but it's all up to him.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Kick that cat to the curb. You deserve better.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    This it the third cat thread today.....

Don't push your lifestyle on to your cat...let your cat make his own choices he is an adult cat! If he chooses to lay in his bed of Cat nip and be fat who are you to judge .....and if he is still a kitten FOR SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Yup. ^^

I could also go the other way and advise DTMFA. There are other cats; you don't need a twinkie-bringing feline in your life, bring you down.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    1/10?

Cats don't eat twinkies? Everyone knows that?
    My brother had a cat that would eat pretty much anything you left lying around.

My cat would just like to lick oil off plates, but hey, that seems a lot more in tune with Keto :p

I recommend you buy him a Fitbit and get him to see a therapist pronto, also take his credit card.
    If my cat were still alive, I'd get my sister's One and put it on his collar XD

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Time for a new cat.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Shave the cat, it will help.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Take away his cat nip. That should end his mindless eating.
    Doesnt he know carbs are the only thing that makes us fat!?
    Bad kitty!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    :D:D
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I just switched to the keto lifestyle, but my cat keeps bringing in bread and junk! I need to love my body, what can I do to make my cat realize he is worth more than that Twinkie?

That will have to be something he'll have to realize on his own. Speaking from experience, you can't make him WANT to improve his eating habits. I also agree that counseling may be in order if you're feeling unsafe.

My cat ran away when I tried forcing my new lifestyle on him, so hopefully you have better luck than I did.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

He's going to have to do that on his own, you can't force him to change or project your feelings of self-worth on him! That being said, cats are just stubborn anyways, so it may be time to re-evaluate the relationship and possibly move on to someone different. Dogs are very supportive and loyal, plus they thrive on making their partner happy, but don't take my word for it....
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Get a dog.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Seriously - lose 12 quick pounds and dump him.