For people who can't cook

Options
13»

Replies

• catsdogsh
    catsdogsh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well they eat a lot of yogurt, cottage cheese, soft fruits, sweet potatoes, rotisserie chicken. I'm glad everyone posted suggestions. One thing I know how to make are all different kinds of eggs and I just wasn't thinking. Hummus sounds like a good idea also.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Legs_McGee wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Legs_McGee wrote: »
    I don't cook - cuz I don't want to. I own one frying pan, and one corning-ware pot. I make hard-boiled eggs, occasionally bacon - and very very occasionally brown hamburger.

I've made hard boiled eggs in the microwave.

(Still soooooooooooo not cooking.) :)

I must learn your ways!

Young grasshopper, we will travel to a far away land known as the Amazon of Dotcom where we will search for a large egg in the Nordic Ware region. It will be boiling (it's an egg boiler). :)

amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Microwave-Egg-Boiler/dp/B0007M2BN0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459452164&sr=8-1&keywords=nordic+ware+egg+boiler

They came out really well!

(Every night I also crack an egg into a bowl, add a couple tablespoons of carton egg whites, cover and microwave that sucker for 1 min 8 secs. Does cracking the egg constitute as cooking?)

I think cracking an egg may come perilously close to cooking but you're not quite over the line yet. And I'm buying that magical microwave egg thingy.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    im italian with my grandparents and aunts and uncles coming here from italy so i was forced into cooking. was also a professional chef for 10 years... i *kitten* up all the time and hate what i male sometimes and mess up on things ive made 1000000 times. start to cook things you reallllly like and find a recipe online. you will be motivated by food you really love to eat. also cook things in big batches that u can freeze :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    Cooking doesn't have to be time-consuming, and it's generally the cheapest way to eat.
    1. Get 2 slow cookers,
    2. spend an hour or so one day per week chopping up stuff to put in them,
    3. put stuff in them and cook it for 6-8 hours,
    4. freeze everything in individual containers
    5. thaw, heat up, and eat as necessary.

If I relied on packaged, store-bought foods, I'd go broke.
    I don't have time to learn how to cook or follow a recipe.
    Then there is no hope and no solution to the problem you've chosen to have.

You don't even need to spend an hour chopping. You can go to the store and often find chopped veggies ready to go. I rarely use a recipe. I think of what I like to eat and throw it all in together. quick easy - stew beef, onions, bell pepper, celery and some soy sauce (and water or beef stock)

You may actually save time because you just throw things in set and come back hours later and all is ready. Now you spend time in front of a microwave waiting 5 or more minutes for each plate.