What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    NH_Norma wrote: »
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I made a whole batch up cupcakes on Easter Sunday for the kids and didn't eat one. I did take a couple licks off my finger of the icing but that was it. That's the most recent NSV for me although I've had quite a few lately. :)

This makes me weepy with hope! cupcakes are my biggest weakness. I simply have no control. Perhaps someday I will. :smiley:

I only wish I could achieve this with my homemade cookie dough... And my cookies!
  • lynette4
    lynette4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    NH_Norma wrote: »
    Jogged 1/4 mile on a whim tonight when I was walking the dog. I have never been a runner and haven't even tried in several months (probably a year). She had energy to burn, I had stress to burn, and we just started jogging. Now I want to restart couch to 5k! I have asthma and didn't use my inhaler. 1/4 mile sounds silly but to me it represents so much!

I promise you that any "real" runner would NEVER make you feel bad about 1/4 of a mile! The running community is so supportive :) keep it up!!
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    -logged 30 days here

-my big (bloated day) jeans, which were the only ones that fit (and tightly, at that) are loose enough now that they aren't practical to wear (after only a month! Yay!)

-feel confidant enough to quit smoking (5 days so far) without worry that I will gain loads of weight (although, admittedly, I am vaping...but still...) and have stayed pretty much on goal for calories.

-feel excited about getting weighed and having bloodwork at the doctor's

-feel more happy to be transforming than annoyed at slow pace of losing/having to track calories.

-Lost over an inch on waist (already!!!)
  • MABMomma
    MABMomma Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can hold up my leg by myself while getting a pedicure! While I was holding it up, I could feel & SEE my quad.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    patesq wrote: »
    I have a couple in the last 2 days:

- I raided my daughter's closet this morning for something to wear with a dress and one of her cardigans fit!

- I had a consultation with two plastic surgeons this week to see what they recommend about my loose skin and was told that my muscle tone is "excellent" - it was funny because he looked at me, got a funny look on his face and asked, "wait, how old are you?" and when I told him 51, he was really surprised. Formerly very sedentary me was quite pleased. He even called me a gym rat when I asked how soon I could get back to the gym. If he only knew how funny that was, or at least used to be.

- I saw two people today that I haven't seen since before I started this. The first one didn't recognize me at first. I think I could have knocked her over with a feather when she realized it was me. The second kept his composure until after the meeting but then insisted on knowing how to lose the 30 lbs he wants to lose. I, of course, gave him this web site!

- size 6 jean shorts fit me. size 6. un-flipping-believable. Yes, I know, vanity sizing but still, size 6. And not just size 6, but they are shorts. I will be wearing shorts this summer - I can't remember the last time I wore shorts.

I love everything about this post!
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I ran 5k in 28 mins. My first sub30 feat. Am glad.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I zipped up a pair of capris-a find last year at Value village. Still a little snug to wear in public but never used to zip before.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    my size 18 pants almost slid down to my knees in my work lunchroom lol - time to go shopping!
  • GoingSaiyan
    GoingSaiyan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    234 to 214 in little over a month, and I went from size 40 to 38! Lets go!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    I zipped up a pair of capris-a find last year at Value village. Still a little snug to wear in public but never used to zip before.

I love value village. Best clothes there!!
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My new Chest Bench Press PR, which is 265 lbs.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    AdviDaddy wrote: »
    I ran 5k in 28 mins. My first sub30 feat. Am glad.

Nice work there!
  • lizzy_satellite
    lizzy_satellite Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bought a bikini in M&S sale yesterday, put it on, thought 'yep, I would not be embarrassed to be on a beach wearing that now', and went back in the shop this morning to pick up the next size down (at £3.98 per set, why not?).
  • jarablue
    jarablue Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for Levis. Pulled a size 38 off the rack and found out they were too big. Fit into a 36 and smiled. Can't wait for onederland.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I taught my first yoga class Monday
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I taught my first yoga class Monday

Wow! You are absolutely unstoppable!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I started rowing a month ago again after a 3-4 month hiatus for running. My knee has been acting up, so I had to drop some mileage and go back to rowing for 1800m a day. Easier on my knee and my glutes/hip abductors need to be forced to do work because they won't on runs, the jerks.

I noticed that I have apparently lost whatever fat was left hanging around my lats and I have almost no loose skin there anymore. It is amazing really how it has tightened up after picking up rowing again. Not something I expected to happen, but I'll take it! Woot!
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I promised myself I would squat 100lbs by the end of March and I did it. I also did three sets of five with 95 lbs. So I weigh 139 and I am squatting 100 lbs not too shabby!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!