It's so hard.

It's so hard when you work in a bakery. All the sweets, cakes cookies and the like. So hard. Is there any thing I can do other then snack on veggies to help with cravings. The longer I have them the more I wan them. Thanks. And need friends and support.

Replies

• Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    I've been in your situation.
    For me, it's best to keep water around and sip all day, as well as bring healthy snacks (which it seems like you're doing). If veggies aren't cutting it for you, try something else.
    Also, don't go into work hungry. Ever. lol.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    If you can fit a treat in your calorie budget each day, then I say go ahead and have the treat - as long as you log it and as long as you know you can stop at one treat.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    If you can fit a treat in your calorie budget each day, then I say go ahead and have the treat - as long as you log it and as long as you know you can stop at one treat.

this too.
  • RosemaryBronte
    RosemaryBronte Posts: 103 Member
    Eating plenty of healthy nourishing food really reduces my cravings. When cakes and chocolate things appear at work, I take a photo of them and i text it to my daughter saying This is what I'm not eating today. She writes back You're a legend Mum and that encourages me to stay strong. At the moment at work we are maxing out with stress but I am saying no to every sweet and treat. Before dinner I eat a single slice of normal fat cheese and that means I can calmly eat a moderate size dinner instead of my previous mountain of food that never satisfied me anyway. I only lose weight slowly but I am not going crazy and putting all the weight back on as I used to do.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    You're around baked goods all the time. Tell yourself you don't have to eat it "now", it'll be there "later" if you reallllly can't resist. Keep telling yourself that, EVERY time.