BeachBody

Options
kaymichelle06
kaymichelle06 Posts: 58 Member
what do people think of BeachBody and BeachBody coaching?

Replies

• denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I like the workouts. I don't want to have anything to do with the rest of it.
  • bezza666
    bezza666 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Beach body. How do you get one of them.sign me up.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    "Coaching" is code for sales. I've heard enough horror stories to avoid buying workouts from "coaches."

I like the Beach Body workouts I own. But, there are plenty of other workouts to choose from, I don't use their workouts exclusively.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

That
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The programs are liked by many on here, but the salesmen get zero love due to their tactics and the name "coach" with zero coaching experience. Attempting to sell products or recruit members through this website gets people banned.
  • KrysGettinFit
    KrysGettinFit Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The workouts are good and can be really helpful. The shakeology stuff..not so much. Drinking that didn't help me any more than eating a well balanced, healthy diet would. Not to mention it's way overpriced.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    It's not coaching. I hate that they call it coaching. Signing up to sell stuff doesn't make you a "coach" - it makes you an MLM Sales Rep. People think these salespeople are fitness and/or nutrition coaches and they aren't.

That said, the workout programs are fine by me, but you can get just as good for less (or free) elsewhere.
  • kaymichelle06
    Options
    What kind of horror stories?
    TeaBea wrote: »
    "Coaching" is code for sales. I've heard enough horror stories to avoid buying workouts from "coaches."

I like the Beach Body workouts I own. But, there are plenty of other workouts to choose from, I don't use their workouts exclusively.

• kaymichelle06
    Options
    Where can you get free programs?

It's not coaching. I hate that they call it coaching. Signing up to sell stuff doesn't make you a "coach" - it makes you an MLM Sales Rep. People think these salespeople are fitness and/or nutrition coaches and they aren't.

That said, the workout programs are fine by me, but you can get just as good for less (or free) elsewhere.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Fitness Blender, Jessica SmithTV, BeFit, BodyRockTV.....there are so many youtube channels out there
  • kaymichelle06
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I checked out all those places. They seem free to a certain extent (like everything these days lol.) Definitely a good place to start.
    TeaBea wrote: »

Fitness Blender, Jessica SmithTV, BeFit, BodyRockTV.....there are so many youtube channels out there

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Beachbody coach - snakeoil salesperson

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Beachbody "coach." lololol
  • kaymichelle06
    Options
    Really?! Damn. Explain? I'm genuinely curious.
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

• CoachJenJen89
    CoachJenJen89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The beachbody programs are effective (or your money back) and the shakes from shakeology are delicious. If you are interested in a program, I have a wealth of information on each program and the products too. Let me know if you are interested.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

MLM program marketed by people calling themselves "coaches" who are hawking goods that are overpriced, unnecessary, and don't live up to the claims. If you want a shake use laboratory tested protein powder. If you like the taste of BB and don't mind paying more then be my guest, but don't get fooled into thinking they're doing anything more than a decent diet would do.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options

MLM program marketed by people calling themselves "coaches" who hawking goods that are overpriced, unnecessary, and don't live up to the claims. If you want a shake use laboratory tested protein powder. If you like the taste of BB and don't mind paying more then be my guest, but don't get fooled into thinking they're doing anything more than a decent diet would do.

QFT.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Pro's - their programs are fun, challenging and very easy to follow. They have a lot of good recipes and give have some good dietary strategy and can teach you to eat better overall. They were the reason i got into fitness, found mfp and lost 50 lbs (i found this site while on the bb forum). I love in home workouts because i cant stand waiting around for equipment or watching people do dumb crap at the gym.

Con's - expensive and they push supplements because its their major money maker. Most coaches don't know anything but there are some very knowledgeable ones as well. No different than this place.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

This.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,698 Member
    Options
    Workouts are fine. Of course like many others, the aerobic programs speak of being able to target exercise body parts for loss, which isn't true.
    As for the "coaching", that's like taking a kid from little league who is the best player, then having him manage a whole team.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png