Advice... Walking/running

Options
2»

Replies

• NancyRyan3
    NancyRyan3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use portion control with the containers for my food! I also only count my walks/workouts for exercise! Try perhaps using the containers to make sure your portions of food are not too big. I use the 21 day fix myself. I use it everyday not just for the 21 days. It is the perfect amount for myself. :smile:
  • Sexedee10
    Sexedee10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @NancyRyan3 what is the 21 day fix??
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sexedee10 wrote: »
    Feet hurt cause i hadn't done this type work in over 10 years. Not used to it. Add for food NO I don't have a scale, I scan products or look them up on mfp and mature with cups and spoons... Also being foods to work is not an option as we can't bring out side food in due to dhec issues and we don't get a break.. 8-10 hrs no break. When I say around 1200 is because I'm not at 1200 exactly, everyday.... One day may be 1195 another may be 1220... Etc

This could very well be your problem. The scanner is often wrong so I when I scan things I always compare the info MFP gives me to the nutritional info on the package. Also, using measuring cups and spoons for solids can be very inaccurate. I can't find the video that's always floating around here on weighing food vs. measuring, so I hope someone else will post it :)

I'd advise you to invest in a food scale (they're not expensive, $10-15). Start weighing all your food - at home at least - and compare MFP database entries to the information on the packages. This should at least give you a more accurate idea of your intake. Also keep in mind that MFP vastly overestimates calorie burns so a HRM or pedometer might also be a good investment for you. Hope this helps!
  • Sexedee10
    Options
    @RiverMelSong wow... I had no idea. I use my phone as it has a built in pedometer... But the scan thing I never double checked cause u just figured it was right... Ugh this is hard enough to count as I go but now double checking... Ugh
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Sexedee10 I don't understand your posts - yesterday you posted this saying you're not losing weight and 3hrs ago you said you've lost 8lb in 14days ... Which is it?

Your average calories logged for the last 7 days is actually over 1400 not 1200 and they are mostly from fast food, guesstimated portion sizes, very few beverages logged, no cooking oil etc so it's probable you're easily consuming closer to 2000 calories without realising.

If you have lost 8lbs whilst doing this then that's great news so stop worrying, if you haven't lost that 8lbs then this is probably why. Also consider not logging 'cleaning' to get exercise calories as that should just be part of your daily activity level.

#confused
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sarabushby wrote: »
    Sexedee10 I don't understand your posts - yesterday you posted this saying you're not losing weight and 3hrs ago you said you've lost 8lb in 14days ... Which is it?

Your average calories logged for the last 7 days is actually over 1400 not 1200 and they are mostly from fast food, guesstimated portion sizes, very few beverages logged, no cooking oil etc so it's probable you're easily consuming closer to 2000 calories without realising.

If you have lost 8lbs whilst doing this then that's great news so stop worrying, if you haven't lost that 8lbs then this is probably why. Also consider not logging 'cleaning' to get exercise calories as that should just be part of your daily activity level.

#confused

bang!
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The most valuable thing that MFP taught me was that i grossly misunderstood how many calories i was actually eating each day.

1 - i did a lot of mindless eating
    2 - i underestimated the caloric content of most of what i ate

When it finally clicked that my body "logs" every calorie, whether i count it or not in my head, i held myself to a high standard of honesty about what i eat.

Second most valuable thing? There are no tricks or gimmicks. You need to take in fewer calories than you burn. Any tricks or gimmicks that get you to accomplish this in the short term, without building healthy habits, is a road to further frustration and failure.
  • Sexedee10
    Options
    I'm about to give up on these community posts.... someone is always being mean or rude. I thought people would be nicer or more understanding. ... #notfriends
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm about to give up on these community posts.... someone is always being mean or rude. I thought people would be nicer or more understanding. ... #notfriends

I don't see anyone being rude or mean? Just people trying to help. Just because they're saying things you don't want to hear doesn't make it rude or mean.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I don't see anyone being rude or mean? Just people trying to help. Just because they're saying things you don't want to hear doesn't make it rude or mean.

Agreed, literally nobody was being rude and/or mean, we're all just trying to help. We are not going to tell you you're special, we're going to give you useful facts that will help you with your weight loss. If you don't want help, don't post.
  • Sexedee10
    Options
    Sorry guys just really upset. .. I want this weight off SOOOOO bad and I feel like I can't control myself. ... I love food and I'm getting board of the bland foods. .. people tell me I can eat whatever add long add I'm under my calories but when I eat rice cakes and yogurt I gain weight. ..I don't get it