Restaurant/Fast Food Weights

Options
piheart
piheart Posts: 122 Member
If you have the serving size in grams for a fast food or restaurant item, do you log it as the actual weight or the weight that it is listed as on the nutritional menu? For example, if the serving size for fries is listed as 200 g but you only receive 150 g. Just wondering what others do!

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    I generally don't order fast food and then weigh it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well if I could weigh it, I'd log the amount I got. But I don't typically take my scale when I go out, so...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you got it to go and weighed it at home? If so, I'd go with the weight.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh it, like @Francl27 I don't take my food scale and rarely am I taking fast food home. I take the value that they serve at, though I know that there could be a significant difference in calories (ie less meat, more ketchup/mayo/whatever).
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'd ask the restaurant why I only received 75% of what I paid for!!!
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a little pocket scale that has a flip up cover and is about the size of a deck of cards. It fits perfectly in my purse, so if I ordered fries or anything where actual amounts/sizes varied, I would weigh it.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I eat a lot of fast food and I always just go by whatever the restaurant website gives for calories, per serving. I've never had issues with restaurant portion sizes being wrong to the point of where it makes any difference, and I've lost 50+ pounds eating fast food 2-3 times a week :)
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. We got Five Guys and took it home, so I don't normally weigh fast food but got the chance to in this situation and did so for science!!
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    piheart wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. We got Five Guys and took it home, so I don't normally weigh fast food but got the chance to in this situation and did so for science!!

Love love love FiveGuys! But, yeah one of the higher calorie places (so worth it though lol). When we go I split the regular size fry with my husband and then get a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato, fresh onion and mayo. Still a high calorie meal but love doing it occasionally!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I miss Five Guys. Only reason I'm not going is I bet I'll find it way too salty, like all the fast food I've had lately :(