Phentermine Withdrawals?

Options
hvmarshall
hvmarshall Posts: 13 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a quick question: I have been on phentermine for two weeks and I want to stop now. I lost a little over 5lbs I guess.

If you are/were a phetermine user do you think I would experience withdrawals that are like dramatic or harmful? Im only on the 30mg ones. I dont want to take them anymore, starting tomorrow.

I keep reading all these boards about people going crazy and having emotional breakdowns and gaining weight afterwards etc etc

I knew when I started this, it wasnt gonna be a miracle...I just needed a little push ya know?

but if the experience is that "extreme" or the end "results" are so "devasting" and life changing or what not. Then it isnt worth it to me...like foreal.

Sooo yo am I like gonna die tomorrow if i stop or something? smh

Thanks!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Can wean off of them? Break them in half?
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I was on this stuff for about a week. Felt jittery and weird. One day at work I swear I could have been like spiderman and climbed the walls. Even taking half was still bad. Don't take it. Long term use is not good for your heart and I have read not so good stories.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    Like any other drug, people will react differently. And especially if it staved off hunger, then you get off and end up eating more and gaining weight, it's very easy for people to justify going back on it. That's why I don't believe people should bother with it if they only have a less than 80lbs to lose.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • hvmarshall
    Options
    Jbell0213 wrote: »
    I was on this stuff for about a week. Felt jittery and weird. One day at work I swear I could have been like spiderman and climbed the walls. Even taking half was still bad. Don't take it. Long term use is not good for your heart and I have read not so good stories.

yeah i heard it too! so do you think if i made today my last day, i should be okay?
  • hvmarshall
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Can wean off of them? Break them in half?
    no mam, its the capsule release ones!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I was on phentermine for 2 hellish weeks. I just stopped taking it one day, didn't get any withdrawals or side effects.
  • hvmarshall
    Options
    I was on phentermine for 2 hellish weeks. I just stopped taking it one day, didn't get any withdrawals or side effects.

yep, thats a perfect way to describe. tomorrow is saturday. im just gonna stick to diet and prayer
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    hvmarshall wrote: »

yep, thats a perfect way to describe. tomorrow is saturday. im just gonna stick to diet and prayer

We don't need these stupid diet pills to lose weight!! Find your motivation and will power and just DO IT :lol:
  • Jbell0213
    Options

yeah i heard it too! so do you think if i made today my last day, i should be okay?

I just stopped taking them. No side effects
  • Jbell0213
    Options

Seriously use MFP, count your calories. I have tried everything and this is the only thing that works. Add me if you would like.