New here!

Options
I am 31, and I have an almost 11 year old daughter. I weighed over 200 lbs right after I had her and it wasn't until about two years after I had her that I lost the weight. I stayed right around 160 (a little on the heavier size for my height, 5'7 but still healthy). About 4 years ago I went through a period of severe depression and started gaining some back. I stayed around 180 for awhile. Then I relocated and I hated the climate and have hated being outside. Then I broke my elbow last November and I have since reached an all time low. And my highest weight ever. 208 lbs. I hate my body currently. But it was a bit of a wake up call when my doctor actually told me I needed to lose weight. I'm only a week into my journey. I am an incredibly picky eater so most of my protein has been coming from drinks. I love my carbs! :(

One week in and I am officially down 6.4 lbs. I've been at right around 1200 calories a day and have done 20-40 mins of cardio 5 times this week. Anybody else need friends or motivators? :)

Replies

• paulasymingtonmfp
    paulasymingtonmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have just started this week . My weight is the highest it has ever been . Like you the Dr told me straight it's time to address your weight . She is old school don't mess about . I have a lot to lose 125 lb to be honest but I will do it if I don't I know I'm going to suffer . I eat low carb It might not be your thing but we might be able to help each other in other ways .
  • marebear31485
    marebear31485 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am trying to keep a diet I can maintain once I lose my weight. My goal is to get to 150. I would be happy back at 160 but 150 would make me overjoyed. I know I will never be able to maintain a really low carb diet! I have cut back my carbs a ton in the last week. But I love them too much to get rid of them altogether.