Music while working out

Options
Just curious on the kinds of music people listen to when they workout. Does anyone else listen to motivational videos on YouTube?

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Metal/rock, sometimes nothing so I can focus on my breathing.
  • marthall
    marthall Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I pick upbeat music that I like, Can be pretty much any genre and I have a playlist on my phone or use soundcloud. I have listened to motivational youtube video's but I prefer to do this when I am out of the habit and need to remind myself what my priorities are and that the changes I make to get fit are hard and do require effort and that I need to make the commitment to build good habits.

Keep going
  • olivialk
    olivialk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    usually whatever is popular on the radio that's upbeat!
  • SpaceGirl24
    SpaceGirl24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    House music! 128bpm. Tech house, funky house, all that good stuff. The beats help you stay on beat and count reps at the same time. It's great.
    Mainly look for music with 128bpm for cardio, at least that's what I do.
  • b7mapile
    b7mapile Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Really a mix of things. Primarily hip hop, all kinds of electronic music (don't know what to call it I don't really listen to this genre unless at the gym), old school funk, some rock, and some upbeat top 40s
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Different types of metal - always very loud.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I've been really loving the Fit Radio app lately. They have already made playlists in different genres and you can pick which BPM you want depending on your mood. Its a one week free trial but its so good I ended up paying for the full version
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I only "listen" to music at the gym and then it is really what the trainer puts on. I don't listen to music when training. When walking/cylcing I prefer to hear what is going on around me and enjoy what nature sounds I can find (lost of birsd at present) - Very much a case of enjoy the silence as it is not silent :smile: . Plus I consider it a safety issue when outdoors
  • sammijoy89
    sammijoy89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I listen to hip hop mostly. It has to have a good beat/get me moving.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    For cardio, any with a fast beat, dance music, hip hop, etc.
    For lifting, heavy metal or hard rock.
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    Different types of metal - always very loud.

Slayer. Pantera,, ffdp , some of my favs
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Classic and Southern rock.
  • don9992
    don9992 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I stream Pandora's Metallica channel. Metal keeps me moving.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    The BeeGees :P
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Disco has a good beat for cardio... for lifting I am more of a Black Sabbath, Zepplin, etc. kinda Emu
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I listen to country music only... unless I'm at the gym, then it is a bit harder, I think my entire gym mix right now is Rob Bailey and the Hustle Standard, music and motivation at one.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I mainly listen to metal when lifting. When doing cardio I mix it up a bit more and add some Michael Jackson and alternative music.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    For cardio I find that music with the "beats per minute" that match my pace keeps me motivated.

You can put in your jogging, walking, cycling pace here: https://jog.fm/

You can then pick different genres
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Bad 80's/90's dance music. LOL When I run hard core rap music that makes me blush.