One for the ladies.... does taking birth control pill make you hungry?

Options
I take cerezette birth control pill and I find I'm constantly hungry while trying to diet, has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It has probably more to do with your diet. Your food diary is empty/incomplete. How many calories do you aim for, do you hit that, and how do you make sure you really are? And your height/weight (have you set an appropriate calorie goal to begin with)?
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    No, my weight doesn't correlate with my bcp. I know I gain weight when I eat too much or have chinese (sodium) or intense workout session (water retention)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    nope but I know the difference between hunger and appetite.

appetite increase maybe a little with BC....but not hunger.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    We all have different reactions to hormonal changes. If it's too hard, ask to try another pill.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I take Seasonale, and I find that my appetite increases in the one, maybe two, hours after I take it. That's why I moved it to the night, so I'm not feeling the need to eat all day long. Besides, I'm already more of an evening/night eater just because (like I'm almost never hungry during the day and can easily get by with a protein mix/almond milk shake and an apple, but once maybe 6pm/6:30pm hits, I'm so hungry), so I've structured my days to where I eat the majority of my calories in the evening anyway. So that totally worked out
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Personally, I don't notice a difference in hunger whether I'm on hormonal BC or not.
  • angeljo2015
    angeljo2015 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I take Seasonale, and I find that my appetite increases in the one, maybe two, hours after I take it. That's why I moved it to the night, so I'm not feeling the need to eat all day long. Besides, I'm already more of an evening/night eater just because (like I'm almost never hungry during the day and can easily get by with a protein mix/almond milk shake and an apple, but once maybe 6pm/6:30pm hits, I'm so hungry), so I've structured my days to where I eat the majority of my calories in the evening anyway. So that totally worked out

That might be an idea hanging the time of it
  • angeljo2015
    Options
    Meant changing the time of it
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I do know that I was on the pill and then for a short time changed to the depo shot. While on the pill I had been losing weight through calorie counting and exercise, with the depo shot I was constantly starving! I literally could eat Thanksgiving dinner and be begging for more food. As soon as I came off of it I was fine again and dropped weight massively since I wasn't starving anymore. I think all BC pills/methods, effect people differently.
  • angeljo2015
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think so to from what I've read
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    BC pills didn't make me hungry at all. I always took it in the evening, though.
  • DrusiliaDD
    DrusiliaDD Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm on the evra patch which is similar hormones to the combined pill and I haven't noticed any appetite changes.
  • ArcticSero
    ArcticSero Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm on Yasmin and I find myself getting a little hungry with the pill, I take it around late afternoon. I tend to chug a bottle of water though and ignore it.
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I take mine at night and when I stopped taking it for a few months my appetite decreased a lot! I recently started taking it again and I'm constantly hungry !! Im on seasonique
  • Caletara
    Caletara Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mine made me SUPER hungry all the time.