Spring Fling 2016

Options
124»

Replies

• mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Mom2eve, glad you are feeling better. Great job making the best choices under the circumstances.
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Just checking in..... Good job Bonnie for getting back on track mid-day yesterday!
    I got a great 1400 m swim in yesterday, and managed to keep to my calorie goals despite giving in to a late afternoon snack habit.
    It's going to take some planning to get all my activity in over the next few days (parent-teacher interviews tonight, an out of town competition with one of my children Fri/Sat), but I am determined to get stick to my goals! Have a great day, everyone!
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    Newbie2143, great job on swim and staying under despite the snacking. That's key, since so often people throw in the towel and go overboard the rest of the day. I like that you recognize 1) that a busy scheule and variat up n from routine are potential obstacles to exercise and eating nutritiously, and 2), that planning is important to staying on plan when you are busy. Wtg!
  • newbie2143
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So, got my swim done in a different town yesterday, as I was away all day with my son at a competition. I looked up the local pool and headed over there for an hour to get the workout done. Will need to do my run today in unfamiliar territory too, but happy I am finding ways to get it done. All goals on track. Weigh day Monday :#
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    Way to go! Creative way to get it done!
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    Hi! Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is doing great. Here's my progress report after 13 days of the Spring Fling, with 79 days left:
    Walk/jog steps: Goal 780,000 - 130,919 so far (average 10, 070 per day). 649, 081 left in 79 days, (average 8,219). ON TRACK.
    Time outside:At least ten minutes per day all 13 days. ONTRACK.
    Logging every bite: Have logged every bite 13/13 days. ON TRACK
    Strength training or yoga: Goal was 3 times per week for total of 39. Haven't done any intentional workout for strength or yoga. BEHIND. To meet goal, I will have to do a workout every other day for remainder. Going to try. Since my part-time housecleaaning business is so physically denanding, I am going to count that as a workout (1× per week)
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    And I've lost 3 pounds/13 days despite a few days of questionable nutrition.
  • Diantha21
    Diantha21 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Diantha21 wrote: »
    I will by June 20th.......

Achieve a loss of 1 Stone, AT LEAST

To have completed 120km of jogging

To be able to run 4.5k in 30 mins

To achieve approx 2450 cals, added per week from exercise, in whatever way that is done, this equates to around 350 per day, or can be done on average over the week or challenge.

I will come in and log on here once a week to say whether I am on course and what I have achieved in that week.

Thanks for letting me be apart of this challenge :)

Well here we go then....... :wink:

W/C 28th March

Lost 2lbs in the last week
    Done 10.5 Km of running last week.

ran 4.5km in 33.30mins Sunday,still got to go some!!
    got an extra 4899 cals from exercise, however, I bought a fitbit surge on Friday, so it has sort of skewed my data really so prob aught to up this in my challenge anyway, maybe at least an extra 1000 per day, so 7000 per week, earned from activity!? lost the plot with that one! sorry ...I have exercised each day except for Friday when I had a rest day!

Thanks
    Diantha

• mom2rpkp
    Options
    Great job, Diantha! I think you'll find the right mix of activity for you. Way to stick with it!
  • slinkroum829
    slinkroum829 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Even though I haven't posted in a few days I've logged all of my food and exercise and ended well under calorie allotment each day. In the past 10 days, I've managed to go to hot yoga 8 days and walked/jogged on the days I didn't and some that I did. The scale hasn't moved, but I put on a pair of jeans that were getting really tight and they fit well again so I know something is happening and just have to keep telling myself that all of the yoga I'm doing is building muscle and it weighs more than fat.
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    Wow! Great progress! I too am not focusing on the scale - just concentrating on developing healthy habits...the scale will take care of itself. Have a great Wednesday, all!
  • newbie2143
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking in....

GOAL 1 - "By June 20, I will have logged my eating 84 more times"
    >> ON TRACK (currently on DAY 115 of logging :smile: )
    GOAL 2 - "By June 20, I will run 36 times (three times per week, Mondays/Thursdays/Saturdays"
    >> BEHIND - missed Monday's run, but managed to get a walk in instead. Will find a way to make the run up as the weather improves.
    GOAL 3 - "By June 20, I will have logged at least 24 km in the pool"
    >> AHEAD - currently averaging 1400 m per swim workout, so have logged 4.2km so far
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    Excellent work!