When will you be done with MFP?

Options
124»

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    MABMomma wrote: »
    I've read quite a few comments that say you aren't supposed use this app forever to log your food.

What do y'all think? Is there a time limit on this tool? When would you feel comfortable not using MFP?

Forever! and probably ever! ...and ever!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am really curious why people would say you're not supposed to use MFP long term. The only reason I can come up with is that they believe you should be able to make the right choices without it eventually. That may work for some people but my experience has been that I will gain weight without some means of making sure I'm on track.

Who is it that says you're not supposed to use it long term? I'm still waiting for someone to point out who they are, and present a rational argument for not using MFP long term. Other than "I read it on Oprah's favorite quack-of-the-day's blog so it must be true".

It's called getting into other peoples' bidness. If they don't WANT to use MFP long term, best of luck to them. Based on what I've seen in these forums over the past couple of years, people here confuse their wants and opinions with musts for everyone else and the result is BS advice to people who'd be better off without it.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'll stay as long as I want.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    DanSTL82 wrote: »
    I'll likely set it to maintenance and keep on it forever, once I hit my weight loss goal. I've already lost a lot of weight before and then gained much of it back slowly over the course of a few years, so I don't want that to happen again.

Ya, I have no problem losing weight, it's keeping it from creeping back on that I struggle with.

Where'd @rabbitjb go? She was my inspirational poster-in-maintenance.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I'm not leaving until GaleHawkins is completely pain free and admits he has 5 sugars in his coffee.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    There are some body builder/ fitness model types who have been here for years. I don't think that far ahead. I enjoy this. I'm thinner and fitter than I've been in years. Why would I put an arbitrary time limit on that?
    Now the forum... I will have to leave the forum soon... every time I see some new yahoo make a post like 'let's all share motivation to lose 40 lbs by May together' my teeth positively rattle in my head like a cadaver & I realize I am a crone in MFP time.

IDK...I haven't logged in years and have been telling myself I'm going to leave the forums for about as long...but it's like that car wreck you just can't look away from.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    I'm not leaving until GaleHawkins is completely pain free and admits he has 5 sugars in his coffee.

Damn you, I just spit out my friggin' coffee....
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Until the website comes down!
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If they don't stop having slowness and technical issues - sooner instead of later!
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight Dec 2014. I continued to log a bit while in early maintenance, to get an idea of what I should do. From there, I just weighed myself daily. I've stayed within a 2-3 lb range by doing that. In the last few months, I've decided I'd like to be a few pounds lighter for racing faster. I have found it's been near impossible for me to go off of feel how to do this, and I find I've been on MFP more. Funny how as soon as I decide to do that, weight starts coming off again. :)
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I log until I hit goal and maintain for a bit, then I stop. If my jeans get tight or I gain then I log again, but that usually happens after the holidays or a vacation. And I log for a few weeks and I lose throes few lbs.

I have logged to lose pregnancy weight but have been able to maintain wo logging between pregnancies. So a year or so of maintenance each time sans logging.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    SolotoCEO wrote: »
    If they don't stop having slowness and technical issues - sooner instead of later!
    I gave up on logging in MFP months ago because I got tired of the problems. I'm logging with DietOrganizer offline. Not as many bells and whistles but it does what I need. I still steer people toward MFP for logging because of the bells and whistles. It would be nice if things worked the way they should, though.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Unlike a prescription or a fad diet there's no need for me NOT to be logging for the long term. Whether it be this app or another down the line this is part of my lifestyle now and I'm happy about it.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I left and gained. Came back and lost it...
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Probably the day my kids give up and put me in a nursing home. Unless I have access to the internet. I like seeing the numbers and logging my food and preparing my work lunches, etc. the night before. It keeps me organized and on track.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The day there's a cure to type 1 diabetes. MFP's the easiest way for me to do my carb counts for my meals/snacks. With current therapies, I'm going to need to calculate my insulin doses based off my carb consumption for the rest of my life, so why not make it a bit easier to do it by using MFP?
  • Sindakhelekwen
    Sindakhelekwen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I plan to use it forever or as long as it's around