Looking to lose weight..

Options
Hey! I'm looking to drop a few kgs and was wondering whats the smartest way to go about this in terms of food intake?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eat less food of whatever you like.
  • Lewisg51
    Lewisg51 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Just do a 500 deficit under your maintenance maybe avoid saturated fats as much but basically just the same ... but less.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Plug your numbers into MFP and eat at the amount of calories it tells you. I will say though, if you don't have much to lose, it's smart to set your loss at 1 or even 0.5 lbs per week, as it can be really difficult to create enough of a deficit to lose more, which makes sticking with it really tough.
  • katebyrne94
    katebyrne94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I have reduced my calorie intake to 1600, should I reduce it further?
  • allstarelmo23
    allstarelmo23 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    See how that works then adjust accordingly
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Measure and weigh your foods. Sounds tedious but it seriously helps a lot to see how much you are actually putting on your plate.
  • Mecklar75
    Mecklar75 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Try and reduce the amount of refined carbohydrates you eat. Avoid low fat foods, when they make something low fat they add sugar which is worse.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I have reduced my calorie intake to 1600, should I reduce it further?

Maybe, maybe not. Try that for at least 2-3 weeks and see how it goes. If you do need to drop it further, go very slowly, maybe 250 calorie increments with the same 2-3 week intervals. Also, focus your diet about 80% or so on lean proteins, vegetables, fruit and nuts/seeds/avocado (whatever you actually like for fats). Then, if you don't have self-control issues with cravings, leave 20% for the stuff you really enjoy.
  • trvshm
    trvshm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Depends on your activity/work outs. It may not be enough!
  • dbmeyers23
    dbmeyers23 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Exactly trvshm...I think a lot of people aren't eating enough, especially if they ar le exercising.