Take a chance (1st post in a while)

Options
Have you ever wanted to achieve something and didn't even try just because you thought it was so out of your reach? Don't worry everyone has, we all make mistakes. Mistakes are meant to be made so we can learn from them. Next time you find yourself in a situation like that don't just give up, you would be surprised you might just actually archive your goal.

Don't let anyone or anything restrain you from what you want to accomplish. You can do anything as long as you step your mind to it. Don't belive me? Well let me tell you why I feel so strongly about this.

Back in 2014 I was at my heaviest weight I have ever been. I was 308lbs, I could not even walk a mile without getting winded and have my ankles be swollen and sore. I would drink 6-8 Mtn dew a day and sit on my computer all day when I wasent at work. In February of that year my brother had asked me "hey you wanna come to the gym with me?"

Now before this I didn't really care about how I looked or felt. My mindset was I'm way too fat to get to where I want to be so why try? But when my brother asked me something just told me "he'll why not?" So I went. In February 2015 I had lost 143 pounds and had dropped to 165 Pounds.

My life had completely changed for the better and that's because I didn't let anyone or anything get in my way of reaching my goal. Weather it takes you a day, week, month, or even multiple years never give up on something you want to achive, because one day you might just actually achieve your goals.

Replies

• Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! My favorite living author, Stephen R. Donaldson, once gave me similar advice to that you've posted. His exact words were, "Don't let anyone ever tell you 'no.'" Not if it's important to you, anyway.

Thanks for the inspiration!
  • gigs1234
    gigs1234 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you! No problem I'm glad you liked it
  • Binnee95
    Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fantastic advice and congratulations on your success! Thank you for the inspiration! Needed some today! :)
  • joezmom13
    joezmom13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    SO hard though right? Any tips for those of us still trying to lose?
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Great advice! Thanks! Needed it!
  • gigs1234
    gigs1234 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    joezmom13 wrote: »
    SO hard though right? Any tips for those of us still trying to lose?

Yea it was very hard in the beginning, but once you start seeing results it really motivates you to keep going. My advice would be in the beginning of every week weigh yourself to see if you lost or gained any weight. Seeing my weight drop every week made me want to keep going!