Low-calorie Snacks!

Options
TennesseeJen
TennesseeJen Posts: 22 Member
I have a few low-cal go-to snacks, but I'd love to see yours! I am a terrible late night snacker, but I know that and save calories for after din din. What are your favorite low-cal snacks?

Some of my favorites include: pickles, yogurt, fruit, cheese sticks, a tablespoon of Jiffy whipped peanut butter (gotta be the whipped lol), and sugar free fudge pops. Any super low-cal yet snacktasticly satisfying ideas?

Thanks!

Replies

• PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Edamame, lowfat cottage cheese, fruit, rice cakes.

My new favourite is zucchini chips. In the microwave! Actually turns out better for me than they do in the oven!
    http://www.dinner-mom.com/zucchini-chips-microwave-or-oven/
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    A cup of Special K cereal with unsweetened almond milk. Only 150 calories. I also freeze peeled and cut bananas and blend them with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and chocolate milk mix. Makes a yummy fiber filled shake under 200 calories!
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Apple slices w/peanut butter, cheese sticks (cheddar and mozza), chips (when I make room for them), bananas
  • TennesseeJen
    Options
    paige55555 wrote: »
    Edamame, lowfat cottage cheese, fruit, rice cakes.

My new favourite is zucchini chips. In the microwave! Actually turns out better for me than they do in the oven!
    http://www.dinner-mom.com/zucchini-chips-microwave-or-oven/

Ooo! I'm going to try that! Thanks!
  • TennesseeJen
    Options
    Thanks, guys!
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    string cheese, light and fit greek yogurt, frozen grapes, apples
  • ConicalFern
    ConicalFern Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly (32 calories a pint!) and melon.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn, 50 calorie cheese sticks, carrots, pickles, or a cup of broth are my go-to snacks.
  • myname20
    myname20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fruits.. of course - sugar - but its better than eating a chocolate.

Your favourite fruit (or even better - berry) + greek yoghurt + few nuts

• myname20
    myname20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Forgot about popcorn. It is absolutely my favourite snack! :D
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Dry roasted chickpeas. 88 cals and the most filling and addictive thing out there!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I just made this wrap for 135 calories today!

• TennesseeJen
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I just made this wrap for 135 calories today!

Yum!
  • TennesseeJen
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Dry roasted chickpeas. 88 cals and the most filling and addictive thing out there!

Do you have a favorite recipe you could share?
  • mlz1413
    mlz1413 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If I cook a butternut squash I also roast the seeds separately.

Try with salt & pepper or a sprinkling of cayenne pepper & chilli powder, you can try any combo of herbs and spices you like.

Let the seeds cool completely before putting in an air tight container.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    A bunch of radishes with salt, sliced apples with a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar, sliced strawberries with a dollop of cool whip, frozen tube of Greek yogurt.
  • tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Carrots, cherry tomatoes, raw peppers,cucumber, mushrooms, gherkins. I sometimes have a bit of light Mayo and tomato sauce to dip it in. Also apples and oranges
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Apple sauce with stevia and cinnamon. Cucumber and butter sandwiches on low cal bread.
  • simontossrwanda
    simontossrwanda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Current favourite snack. Dry Rice cakes. Nothing like a tonne of dust at snack time to make you never eat again.
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Do you have a favorite recipe you could share?

I usually buy mine from Holland and Barrett, here's the link!http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/garbanzo-dry-roasted-chickpeas-60098298
    However a cheaper option is to make them, I know DeliciouslyElla has a recipe in her first book and there are several more online - I haven't yet been able to perfect that crunch you get with these Garbanzo ones though. Another good one is a bag of Food Doctor roasted soybeans - 105 cals and 10g protein per serving, you can find them in Tesco :)