Shakeology

Options

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    There's a beachbody coach on my facebook feed who posts those "I love my shakeo" pictures all the time. Every couple of weeks she'll then post a "back on track, I'm unstoppable!" post, basically indicating that she's fallen off the wagon. After the last one, I wanted to ask her how that shakeology was working for her since she's not making any actual progress.
  • Natural_is_better
    Natural_is_better Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cinbeth wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone has tried shakeology and what your thoughts are. It is a bit pricey but if it's worth it I don't mind spending the money. Curious your thoughts and results?
    Thank you!

Hi! I was a Beachbody Coach for a year. I did not make any money in fact I spent money. I had a very bad reaction to Shakeology. very many people have crazy reactions to it because of the 70 different ingredients and the product. A lot of these ingredients are more like herbal supplements. I gained 20 pounds even though I exercised a lot and it properly. I think the weight gain have to do with the hormonal disrupt senses and the inflammation caused by the shake. I suffered a lot for 6 months without knowing what was wrong with me

1.hormonal disturbances in body and mind(including paralyzing monthly cycles) hot flashes I am 30 years old and strange rage)
    2. ringing in the years
    3. weight gain
    4.inflammation
    5.digestive problems
    6. Colds and Throat infections that lasted weeks each time
    7.headaches
    8.extreme fatigue
    9.fast heart beating
    10. extreme exaggerated bruising

I hope this helps!!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone has tried shakeology and what your thoughts are. It is a bit pricey but if it's worth it I don't mind spending the money. Curious your thoughts and results?
    Thank you!

mmmmm. I love shakes.
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I drink ensure but that's prescribe by a doctor with actual vitamins and minerals that's a good shake, you couldn't even compare it to shakeology. Even a cheap protein shake is better than shakeology, heck even an homemade shake is better than shakeology.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I remember seeing the advert for it after insanity where they do the price and show how much you would need to buy to get the same nutrition. It seems a bit ridiculous and you could make healthy smoothies, full of vitamins and nutrients, that cost less.

For example, I use spinach, oranges, banana, raspberries and spirulina powder in a smoothie. Spirulina is a complete protein, spinach has iron, the oranges provide vitamin c so the body can absorb the iron from the spinach. It doesn't cost me ridiculous amounts of money to make.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    pandabear_ wrote: »
    I remember seeing the advert for it after insanity where they do the price and show how much you would need to buy to get the same nutrition. It seems a bit ridiculous and you could make healthy smoothies, full of vitamins and nutrients, that cost less.

For example, I use spinach, oranges, banana, raspberries and spirulina powder in a smoothie. Spirulina is a complete protein, spinach has iron, the oranges provide vitamin c so the body can absorb the iron from the spinach. It doesn't cost me ridiculous amounts of money to make.

Don't your statements contradict each other? I'm confused...
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just did a quick comparison of what I use and shakeology. This is what I came up with:

Chocolate Shakeology (picked it cause the stuff I use is chocolate):
    $129.95 for 1260 grams
    42 grams a serving/30 servings per bag
    Macros and calories per 100 grams:
    381 calories (160 per serving)
    4.76 g Fat (2 per serving)
    40.46 g carb (17 per serving)
    40.46 g Protein (17 per serving)

Fitmiss Delight Complete Protein Chocolate
    $28.98 for 889.2 grams
    24.7 grams a serving/32 servings per container
    Macros/Calories per 100 grams:
    365 calories (90 per serving)
    6.07 g fat (1.5 g per serving)
    16.19 g carb (4 g per serving)
    64.76 g protein (16 g per serving)
    it has some micros as well, but not to the level of shakeology. Fitmiss also has a multi though which closes the micro nutrient gap. It's $18.87. That's $47.85 a month. $1.60 per serving
    I don't see the value in shakeology.

I just ordered Fitmiss from Amazon. I'm excited to try it with some PB2. I can't leave my desk on certain shifts so this is just for those days but it looks good.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    ewhsweets wrote: »
    Who said anything about being gluten free? You want to get into a meal high in vitamins, fats, amino acids, start adding some fiber, greens, fruits, avocado, salmon etc. to that hard boiled egg and oatmeal of yours and you're spending more than your $2.

Well OK then. Fair enough.

Can you post a screen shot or extract from a typical Shakeology shake pack to show us what the nutritional profile is using the standard g of nutrient, etc per 100g of product notation? That way we can work out if it is indeed giving the best bang for buck.

I grow very tired of people not reading what I wrote, again and I quote:

"Google the ingredients of Shakeology yourself, it is a combination of a whole mess of things that are AWESOME for your body (Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fats and proteins). "

Google it yourself, this is my opinion, which the original poster asked for. Do your own research.
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I LOVE Shakology, and I think there is a misconception about what it's intended use is. It is not intended nor is it marketed as as a 'weight loss' shake, and it's most definitely NOT a protein supplement! If you're looking for either one of these things Shakeology is not for you at all. Suggest going to your local GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and speaking to somebody about what you're actually looking for. Shakeology is a health shake it's called the Healthiest Meal of the Day, that as a byproduct 'can' assist with weight loss as a part of an exercise and diet program. Personally, I agree and I've taken it for a long time because it makes me feel FANTASTIC! I can tell by how my body feels on days that I don't take it.

I hope one takes time before they put anything like this into their bodies to do their research as well by looking at the back of the package to see what sortof sugar/carbs and garbage is in some of these cheap products that make them taste better or 'just as good'. Google the ingredients of Shakeology yourself, it is a combination of a whole mess of things that are AWESOME for your body (Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fats and proteins). It is a bit more pricey than some other supplements, but it just has far more high quality ingredients that I'd have to take several pills to get elsewhere. My OMEGA 3-6-9 alone was $20 a month for the decent quality pills. Shakeology is about $4 a serving, I wouldn't pay that much each day for coffee I don't think there was ever a comparison to that. If however, you take it in place of an entire meal, you will save a fortune. Take a look at what the average 'healthy' meal will cost you, my guess is about $6-10.

Do you need it to lose weight? Absolutely NOT! Is it good for you, promote a healthy diet overall? In my Opinion...ABSOLUTELY!!!...and worth every penny.

BTW I do not sell Shakeology, but I do belong to Beachbody just to get the discount on it...

At 140 calories, it is also not a meal replacement. Additionally, a bowl of oatmeal, a banana, and a hard-boiled egg costs right around $1, so much less than that shake. Heck, I could add a certified gluten-free protein shake to that and come out at less than $2; not only is Shakeology twice as expensive, but it has the additional disadvantage of being not certified gluten free.

Who said anything about being gluten free? You want to get into a meal high in vitamins, fats, amino acids, start adding some fiber, greens, fruits, avocado, salmon etc. to that hard boiled egg and oatmeal of yours and you're spending more than your $2.

shakeology is not necessary for anything that you listed in your post.

Again! I grow very tired of people not reading what I wrote

I re-quote myself from my original post the very last sentence. " Do you need it to lose weight? Absolutely NOT! Is it good for you, promote a healthy diet overall? In my Opinion...ABSOLUTELY!!!...and worth every penny. "

lol - it's MLM crap sold by predators who are desperate to make money to those desperate to lose weight. I've run into far too many of the ignorant "coaches" and over-hyped marketing pitches.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I was a Beachbody coach at one time and drank it. I liked it and agree it's packed with nutrition. Is it perfect? No. Is it expensive? Yes, very. You can find/make for cheaper.

Perfect to me is eating as close to nature as I can. I prefer to save my $ and make my own shakes which I'll change up and vary each day as I'm guided to...variety is also important in health.

This being said, to each their own. I think Beachbody as a company overall has done great things to help people become more active and lead healthier lifestyles.

Bottom line from me - I'd skip it and spend the money on actual living whole foods and healthy protein sources.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I used them a few years ago I thought they were so disgusting. I wasted so much money on those things. Everyone I knew said they felt so much better having a shake or two a day. I did not see any changes in how I felt lol
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    $4 for 140 calories of gross-tasting garbage is NOT a good deal. Anyone trying to convince people otherwise either has a vested interest in getting you to buy that crap or is really, really bad at personal finance and also probably basic math.
  • jandsstevenson887
    Options
    I can't believe how insanely overpriced it is but most MLM things are totally overpriced. I'm about to hide anyone selling Plexus on my FB page if I have to see another pic of them and their pink drink.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I love it when people say, "oh I only eat clean and nothing processed, and I drink Shakeology!" Ummm, Shakeology is processed.
  • Natural_is_better
    Natural_is_better Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you!

It is a cocktail of herbal supplements disguised as the healthiest meal of the day. It is as if they went to GNC and emptied a bunch of capsules into the shake and then told everyone they are, "superfood" it is dangerous to claim that
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Excuse me while I go eat some real food.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how insanely overpriced it is but most MLM things are totally overpriced. I'm about to hide anyone selling Plexus on my FB page if I have to see another pic of them and their pink drink.
    Yes! I already did. Or pics of them and their little kid with a sippy of pink drink.
  • jandsstevenson887
    Options
    Yes! I already did. Or pics of them and their little kid with a sippy of pink drink.

Yes, this. I have very sweet, well intentioned people telling me on FB that their magical Plexus cured their child of a host of issues. Yeah, I'm not convinced. I just don't understand why anyone wants to get in these schemes. Same with Rodan and Fields. It makes me almost avoid people.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have a friend who says plexus cured her of everything bar her type 1 diabetes and she's of the opinion it'll help her pancreas heal itself......she now feeds her kids this *kitten*......
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It has an aftertaste like licking the floor at the health food store's bulk herb section.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    pandabear_ wrote: »

Don't your statements contradict each other? I'm confused...

Unless you're trying to be sarcastic or funny? They don't contradict.