Losing just stopped.

Options
SheIIsea
SheIIsea Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
My weightloss for the past 52 days has been going great averaging 2lbs a week, until last week I only lost a pound, then this week nothing..I haven't changed a thing with my diet or exercise. Should I be patient or start eating less? Super discouraging.

SW 234
CW 220-219

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Let it go another few weeks. The first good amount of weightloss tends to be waterweight and goes quick. Body weight also fluctuates for a MULTITUDE of reasons, so you could be losing fat, but water retention, hormonal stuff, etc, could be messing with actual scale weight. Just keep an eye to see you are a downward trend. If you stop losing entirely for about 3-4 weeks, then time to post and shake things up.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Give it another week in case it's hormone related then consider tightening up your diary maybe? But don't be at all disappointed with .5lb weight loss a week, it's still progress in the right direction and just that that first week or two can set unrealistic expectations for going forward. You'll need patience I'm afraid.

Check you're accurately logging ALL foods and drinks, weighing everything, including cooking oils & butter & dressings etc. Make sure you're not overestimating your calories burned or eating back too high a percentage of them.

Let us know how you get on next wk & if you want to share your diary/friend add for more advice feel free :)
  • SheIIsea
    SheIIsea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If anything I over-estimate calories/exercise! I will wait and see, and ask for help if I come to that road. Thank you for the replies!
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. Keep doing what you're doing.
  • beautyqueen940
    beautyqueen940 Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    U probably need to change your diet and excerise. When U first started it was just water retention and all the junk your body was carrying for so long, once your body got rid of it, now it's time to change things up. Our bodies adapt all the time and when U see no change that's when U know U need to change it up,even just a little.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I did exactly the same thing - lost for 90 odd days with 2 lbs plus a week average. Then suddenly gained last week. This week I lost 2.6 lbs, which I guess is last week's gain lost plus this week's loss.

My stats were very similar to yours - SW 237, CW 216.

I'd definitely stick with your plan and I think you'll start losing again.
  • FlabToFitty
    FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Change up your routine your body's probably getting used to the same excersize therefore not responding the way it used to I would suggest adding another excersize or increase the resistance on what your currently doing good luck
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to recalculate your calorie goal - as you lose weight you will need fewer calories.