I'm being brutally honest. Into.

Options
Hello!

I'm a 30 year old single mother of 1. I am desperate to get my health back for the sake of living a long healthy life with my son.

Background, I've always been overweight. My highest was 250 when I was going through a divorce. But I look my health back, dropped down to 145. But then I lost it. I went back to old habits. I also got pregnant with my son, went through a horrible break up and I just lost myself big time.

I'm 5'8". 204.3 pounds as of this morning. The past few months my weight has been flopping around between 189-205 because I can't seem to get a good routine.

I am a binge eater. I hate it. I have a seriously unhealthy relationship with food. Instead of seeing food as a way to keep my body moving, I see it as a weapon. And I'm constantly in battle.

I come here today because I am ready to a healthy life. I am ready for change. I'm on a budget, but I know with the internet, I can make this possible. Even if I need to youtue workouts, or wake up hours earlier.

I would love some honest friendship, and some great advice. Thank you, Deb.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Deb. I'm 5'4 and at my highest weighed about 205 pounds. Today I weigh 135. I've been on MFP for years because it helped me lose the weight and it helps me stay at a healthy weight. The best piece of advice I got when I first started was to keep at it ('keep swimming' - ha). Record everything. LOG everything. Commit to doing it whether you want to admit you at 4 pieces of cake and an entire bag of chips or not (this was me). Eventually (probably sooner rather than later) you'll start making different choices - better choices. And those choices will lead to a healthier you. It all starts with a commitment to being honest with yourself. You've got this.
  • dpreston85x
    dpreston85x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP, Deb. I'm 5'4 and at my highest weighed about 205 pounds. Today I weigh 135. I've been on MFP for years because it helped me lose the weight and it helps me stay at a healthy weight. The best piece of advice I got when I first started was to keep at it ('keep swimming' - ha). Record everything. LOG everything. Commit to doing it whether you want to admit you at 4 pieces of cake and an entire bag of chips or not (this was me). Eventually (probably sooner rather than later) you'll start making different choices - better choices. And those choices will lead to a healthier you. It all starts with a commitment to being honest with yourself. You've got this.

Thank you!! I appreciate your response!! I plan to keep honest, I know every day won't be perfect. But I know I can't lie, especially to myself.. I need to log everything!
  • AEPHubinc2015
    AEPHubinc2015 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb,
    I'm 5'2" and my highest weight was around 180. Today I weigh 154 and am trying to get down to 135...and stay there.
    I remember being 10 or 15 pounds overweight when I was about 14 and my mother telling me that watching my calorie intake would be a lifelong project for me, I freaked. Here I am, almost 50 years later and I've finally accepted her prediction. It no longer makes me angry or depressed. It is what it is.
    When I log my food, I stay on the wagon. When I think I don't need to anymore, it doesn't take long until I fall off the wagon. Simple as that.
    I almost never jump on the elliptical trainer with glee - it's a struggle every day -- and I have a gazillion excuses why JUST TODAY I won't do it. I've learned not to listen to that tempting voice.
    Keep moving and keep logging. Those are the secrets to losing and maintaining imho.
    Support is great. Inner support is great. It all works together.
  • bigcountry0430
    bigcountry0430 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm a 30 year old single mother of 1. I am desperate to get my health back for the sake of living a long healthy life with my son.

Background, I've always been overweight. My highest was 250 when I was going through a divorce. But I look my health back, dropped down to 145. But then I lost it. I went back to old habits. I also got pregnant with my son, went through a horrible break up and I just lost myself big time.

I'm 5'8". 204.3 pounds as of this morning. The past few months my weight has been flopping around between 189-205 because I can't seem to get a good routine.

I am a binge eater. I hate it. I have a seriously unhealthy relationship with food. Instead of seeing food as a way to keep my body moving, I see it as a weapon. And I'm constantly in battle.

I come here today because I am ready to a healthy life. I am ready for change. I'm on a budget, but I know with the internet, I can make this possible. Even if I need to youtue workouts, or wake up hours earlier.

I would love some honest friendship, and some great advice. Thank you, Deb.

First of all, let me say thank you for opening yourself up. That is a really rough thing to do when discussing our unhappiness about our weight. I'm so glad you're here and if you'd like, I'll be here for you every step of the way. I'm Rob, 35 and father of three girls. I've always been a big guy and a bit self conscious about my weight, especially after high school when being big wasn't necessary. I'll go on and say I'm very proud of you for taking the steps that you have and I know you'll get to where you want to be. Always stay positive and continue to smile.

Love, Rob
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Your son is one of the biggest motivations. Look at him and think about all the fun things you're going to do with him as he grows older: site seeing, walks through a park, amusement parks, playing in the yard, the pool or beach, etc. I have a toddler who loves to go on walks. Pushing his stroller uphill (huffing & puffing) reminded me that I need to get in shape... again. My family is worth me giving my best. You can do this. MFP and friends will help. :smile: Go for the gold!
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me so we can take this journey by storm!!!