What is the 30 Day Shred?

Options
So what is this "30 Day Shred" dvd? I have a friend who has started and am curious if anyone has done it? If you like it? If you don't like it? Does it work?

Replies

• kind_a_fun
    Options
    I've not done it, but I now a couple of people who have - major core toning and hits arms and legs. These people are in awesome shape and that first week was a killer and it keeps going on, but they noticed really great results.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm starting in a couple of weeks - when I get back from holidays... I hear it's tough, but worth it...
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of Level 1 and it is HARD!!! Jillian Michael's really works you, but it is so worth it. As tiring as it is I always feel great when I'm done! :)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Just ordered mine a few days ago. Can't wait to try it.
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    Bumping* would like to know also.
  • bebe3232
    bebe3232 Posts: 43
    Options
    It is a workout video by Jillian Michaels Its 20 min long and you are suppose to do the workout everyday for 30 days .
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is basically a circuit training video with 3 levels. Each level includes a warmup a cool down and 3 circuits. Each circuit consists of 3 minutes of strength 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. I'm not going to lie... it's hard and when you start it HURTS, but it gets results. Jillian isn't playing around. The idea is to do each level for 10 days and to complete the program in 30 (yes, it was designed to be done for 30 CONSECUTIVE days, but a lot of people only do it a few days a week or spend more than 10 days per level and that's ok).

I did it and I love it! Didn't lose a lot of weight, but in the 30 days I lost a total of 9 inches just from my chest waist and hips, so it's DEFINITELY worth it. :)

If you search the success boards for 30 day shred results, there's one thread FULL of success stories that include before and after pics... mine included! :)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    How many calories does it burn?
  • magicpianos
    Options
    It's EXCELLENT! I'm just finished the 9th day of Level 1 and it's totally killer! Ideally you spend 10 days on Level 1, 10 days on Level 2 and 10 days on Level 3. Of course you can advance as slowly or as quickly as you feel comfortable.

What I love about it is that it's short but extremely effective. As Jillian says on the DVD, it takes the place of hours of phoning it in at the gym. If you're looking for something fast and effective I HIGHLY recommend this!

Once you've done that, try her new one, "Ripped In 30"...I dare ya. ;)
  • SheilaSisco
    Options
    I logged it as circuit training, general on this site and always ate the calories back and kept losing weight. Calorie burn is different for everyone depending on gender, age, height and weight, fitness level, etc... But it has always put me between 200 and 250 calories burned for the 25 minute workout. I am 4'11" and currently weigh around 140.
  • SheilaSisco
    Options
    It's EXCELLENT! I'm just finished the 9th day of Level 1 and it's totally killer! Ideally you spend 10 days on Level 1, 10 days on Level 2 and 10 days on Level 3. Of course you can advance as slowly or as quickly as you feel comfortable.

What I love about it is that it's short but extremely effective. As Jillian says on the DVD, it takes the place of hours of phoning it in at the gym. If you're looking for something fast and effective I HIGHLY recommend this!

Once you've done that, try her new one, "Ripped In 30"...I dare ya. ;)

I'll be getting that one soon! :) lol
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I just finished the shred a few days ago.... i loved it! I lost 4 pounds and 9.5 inches. I'm starting Round 2 tomorrow, along with Jillian's other dvd Banish Fat Boost Metabolism :smile:
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I have done 30DS and Ripped in 30 and just bought 6 Week 6 Pack. I LOVE them :D Like everyone else said these are all right at 30 minutes and high intensity circuit training. You can buy all these vids at Target for about $12 so what do you have to lose, pick one up and try it and if you don't like it (which most ppl I know who do it love it) you didn't waste much. Its pretty basic workout exercise like jumping jacks, jumping rope, squats, lunges, crunches, planks, running in place....... Level 1 is easiest and when you progress to 2 its a little harder and so on. My only complaint is with 30 DS I got a lil bored doing the each level for 10ish days. I like Ripped better because she has 4 levels. Also you will need a mat for the floor work and small hand weights like 3 or 5 lbs for the strength moves. But I highly recommend.
    However with Shred I lost a few inches and a few pounds but would have done better but I was eating more calories than I am now ( I did both her vids before joining MFP) The claim is to lose 30 lbs in 30 days and I have heard of ppl losing 10 and some a lil more but depends on your eating and if your doing other cardio as well. Most ppl plug it in as circuit training. I have a HRM and have burned easily 400-500 calories doing it, but Im heavier and the more you weigh the more you burn. But even on here if I didn't use HRM the system said I was burning over 300 calories but again thats my weight group. Hope that helps :)
  • kelhchap
    kelhchap Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thanks for the details! I'm planning on finding a friend that I can borrow the dvd from to start in August!