question for those who met their goal weight

Options
13»

Replies

• jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    110lbs or so in about a year. I switched to maintenance at the end of october 2015 at 175lbs. Since then I have slowly continued to lose and now seem to be ranging between 167 and 171. I don't have the satisfaction I thought I would have, mostly because when you see ads or things with people that have lost gobs of weight, you see them as very fit and muscular, none of them show you the loose skin that some people get.

I found it is very important to keep setting new goals. The first 2 months or so I had no goals other than to maintain and try to be more fit. Now I am training for a half marathon, and feel that having a specific goal with a training schedule is much more beneficial than just generally being more fit.

That said I weigh every morning to keep me honest, I more or less weigh my food, and when my weight starts approaching 170 or so I cut back on any treats and eat back fewer exercise calories.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lost 21lbs in one year (2012) and have maintained goal weight ever since +/- 5lbs. I lost slow and feel that's why I kept it off?

Went from 154lbs to goal range of 128-133lbs
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    9 months; 40 Lbs
  • 123juliaj123
    123juliaj123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It took about a year to get to a weight that I am happy with, I reduced my goal weight a couple of times along the way.

It took about a year to lose 62lbs and it wasnt as hard as I expected. The last stone has been as much about seeing if I can do it as needing to lose more. Im now a healthy BMI and feel soooo much better and feel healthy which is amazing.

a year for 62 lbs and well worth it
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    30 lbs in 4 months then 3 months into maintenance dropped 10 more without trying and appears to have to be pretty stable now.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,063 Member
    Options
    I reached my first goal in 16 weeks.

Then I decided to keep going and see if I could lose more. :)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,052 Member
    Options
    110lbs or so in about a year. I switched to maintenance at the end of october 2015 at 175lbs. Since then I have slowly continued to lose and now seem to be ranging between 167 and 171. I don't have the satisfaction I thought I would have, mostly because when you see ads or things with people that have lost gobs of weight, you see them as very fit and muscular, none of them show you the loose skin that some people get.

I found it is very important to keep setting new goals. The first 2 months or so I had no goals other than to maintain and try to be more fit. Now I am training for a half marathon, and feel that having a specific goal with a training schedule is much more beneficial than just generally being more fit.

That said I weigh every morning to keep me honest, I more or less weigh my food, and when my weight starts approaching 170 or so I cut back on any treats and eat back fewer exercise calories.

Yes I can understand some people ( including you) like to set new goals and be continuously striving for the next level.

However. Speaking for myself, my goal is really just to maintain the status quo. That is all it has been for last 2 years - as I have successfully maintained, I am happy with that.
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I lost just under 50lbs in about 6 months, and have been in maintenance for just over a year now :)
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Yes I can understand some people ( including you) like to set new goals and be continuously striving for the next level.

However. Speaking for myself, my goal is really just to maintain the status quo. That is all it has been for last 2 years - as I have successfully maintained, I am happy with that.

For me personally, not working towards new goals is one of the reasons why I started slipping backwards, after 2 and a half years of maintenance. In another thread I mentioned losing focus and someone asked why this happened. My response-Boredom, loss of motivation, not working towards new goals, justifying lazy choices and definitely a bit of arrogance as well.

The further I got away from the weight loss phase, the easier it is to lose that focus and drive. Having new goals, even small, silly ones, can really help. Right now my goal is to get back down to a bmi that's just under 20. After that I'm going to be setting small walking goals (like walk 4 days a week, then 5, then bump up the distance etc).

We all need to find what works for us, but if the status quo doesn't work long term, adding a goal or two may help shake things up :)
  • rishywest
    rishywest Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    42 pounds in 8 months. Went from 172 to 130. Tried to exercise at least 30 minutes a day 4-5 days a week & tried to get a healthy balance of food. Been maintaining for 6 months (which for me is as tough as losing).
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Took me 2 and a half months to loose 14 lbs and reach my goal weight