Protein Diet

Options
- is anyone on this now and seeing results? i need to pros and cons please :)

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    i like protein.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Protein is the building blocks of muscle.
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    Have never heard of it.
  • vyvy2011
    vyvy2011 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi hannahcugini91,

i do idealprotein and it's work! If you have a questions i'm here!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I'm essentially doing a high protein/ low carb, but I really only started yesterday; it's been a slow conversion to this. I decided to try to follow this plan:

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-diet-muscle-gains-strength-building-fat-loss/

For the last couple weeks I've been trying to cut down on breads and pastas, but only recently decided to push for more.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I don't know of "THE protein diet" but I know of plenty general high-protein diets.

Studies indicate that increasing protein consumption while decreasing carbs is the most effective way to lose fat. These are University-funded studies, not ones promoted by the people who created said diets.

Pro: Quick fat loss, easily increased muscle tone, great 'shape' created for any size body
    Cons: Hard to stick to, carb cravings, foul mood
  • hannahcugini91
    Options
    so you definatly think i should stick to it? what do you recommend eating then?
  • Teemo
    Options
    so you definatly think i should stick to it? what do you recommend eating then?

You still haven't explained what "the Protein Diet" is.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • hannahcugini91
    Options
    right now i weigh 83kgs and my mum sugested i go on the Protien Diet where for the first 3 days of the week i can only eat Tuna, Chicken (skinless), fish with no batter, eggs and stake. then the other days you can mix thoes with either a peice of wholemeal bread or a salad or anything else low carb. she lost 3 kgs in 3 days with also doing 30 min walks on the treadmill at the gym and drinking 2L's of water a day.
  • Teemo
    Options
    right now i weigh 83kgs and my mum sugested i go on the Protien Diet where for the first 3 days of the week i can only eat Tuna, Chicken (skinless), fish with no batter, eggs and stake. then the other days you can mix thoes with either a peice of wholemeal bread or a salad or anything else low carb. she lost 3 kgs in 3 days with also doing 30 min walks on the treadmill at the gym and drinking 2L's of water a day.

I'm not sure if you're serious.
  • hannahcugini91
    Options
    oh really about what?
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    protein is good. diets are bad...

prefer to think positively about a sustainable "nutrition plan" and a lifestyle with a focus on a good balance between fitness activity and plenty of good healthy eating (including protein & everything else!) vs. a diet of 'deprivation' and/or 'going without' :smile:
  • Teemo
    Options
    oh really about what?

About... the "Protein Diet"? Is this something your mom just made up on the spot? As a general rule, protein is good but the diet you just posted makes no consistent sense...

"Tuna, Chicken (skinless), fish with no batter, eggs and stake"

Tuna and chicken (skinless), assuming you mean white meat, are low-fat protein sources. Eggs and steak are the exact opposite, they are high in saturated fat protein sources. They are all good but a diet that restricts you to them is a little haphazard. It's like saying you have a diet where you can only drink water and/or milkshakes.

"then the other days you can mix thoes with either a peice of wholemeal bread or a salad or anything else low carb"

A salad IS low carb though also completely devoid of nutritional value. Bread is definitely not low carb.

This "diet" of yours just doesn't seem to provide any actual guidelines for eating.
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Protein Diets are not good. You loose weight awkwardly, have bowel movement problems, gives you bad breath and the second you stop, it all comes right back. I wouldn't advise it. I've seen quite a few of my family & friends try it and they all quick pretty fast because of all the side effects.

General eating better & working out (cardio & strength training, especially those trouble spots) will get you to where you want to be, the healthy way and you will be able to maintain it.

good luck :)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

I don't like the sounds of this as it is too limiting, it will be difficult for you to stick with. Check out the link I added earlier, it is high protein with low carb healthy eating options.
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    Don't do it. You should simply eat a balanced diet and exercise. It really is as simple as that.
  • Unbreakable360
    Options
    ...don't know about a full out protein diet...I try to balance it out but I do take in more protein (ie protein shakes)...due to the fact that I have been hitting the gym pretty hard lately and need the extra protien to help heal up those muscles...not that I'm all cut up or anything like that....but you know what I mean...