HEY Y'ALL I'm vegan and new here!!

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Bridgitte! So excited to be back. I've been on MFP in the past and I've never been able to commit. I'm working on truly bettering myself all around. I'm a vegan but with a Saturday cheat day. Working on eliminating the cheat day completely but it scares the hell outta me haha. Well anyways!! Happy logging. Glad to be back and be part of such a supportive community. God bless. <3

Replies

• Leander_J
    Leander_J Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey @bridgittejhall, respect to you for having 6 days of Vegan. I'm nowhere near your progress ... I'm mostly Vegetarian at best (Vegan on occasional meals) ... with an occasional Pescetarian meal during the week.

But my partner @Stronghealthyaseema has given the Vegan for 7 days .. a really good go!
    She watched some videos and found it easier. Hun, got any tips?
  • lojoxoxo
    lojoxoxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for a few years & now I'm working hard to stick to being Vegan. Some days are harder than others but then I think about the animals & they have it so much worse. And that's what keeps me on track :)
  • bridgittejhall
    bridgittejhall Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off vegan for years. I am truly committed this time around and love seeing such a huge community of vegetarians. My tips are remember to cherish how amazingggg vegan foods taste. Don't look at the diet like you're losing any kind of satiety. Also is to follow inspirations like Freelee on YouTube, and many other vegan vloggers. Another tip is to remember how AWESOME it is that once you find out what your favorite veggies and fruits are, you can basically have an unlimited amount
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere in between vegetarian and vegan. I'm wearing leather flip flops and I had eggs this morning. I enjoy pushing the limits of vegetarian recipes and I feel like vegan recipes force you to be much more creative when cooking.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off vegan for years. I am truly committed this time around and love seeing such a huge community of vegetarians. My tips are remember to cherish how amazingggg vegan foods taste. Don't look at the diet like you're losing any kind of satiety. Also is to follow inspirations like Freelee on YouTube, and many other vegan vloggers. Another tip is to remember how AWESOME it is that once you find out what your favorite veggies and fruits are, you can basically have an unlimited amount

I love watching Freelee's videos but please take everything she says with a pinch of salt! I would recommend JessBeautician and MindOverMunch on youtube. They have some great recipes :)
  • Tofuli
    Tofuli Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Vegan here! Feel free to add me :)
  • bridgittejhall
    bridgittejhall Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I love watching Freelee's videos but please take everything she says with a pinch of salt! I would recommend JessBeautician and MindOverMunch on youtube. They have some great recipes :)

Thanks for the tip girl. I definitely don't plan on consuming as much fruit as that girl does in one day but she sure is inspirational. And I'll definitely check those ladies out!!
  • katiealice16
    katiealice16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've been veggie for 12 years and vegan for a year and a half and it's been the most fantastic thing! Good luck on your journey to fitness!
  • Leander_J
    Leander_J Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hey @HStheBusyBee .. thanks for the suggestions. :smile:
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Leander_J wrote: »

Hey @HStheBusyBee .. thanks for the suggestions. :smile:

No worries! I'm not an expert but feel free to add for support :)
  • casejen4242
    casejen4242 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan as well!!
    Been so for nearly a year.