Help For Giving Up Soda!

Options
2»

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    DanSTL82 wrote: »
    I like La Croix, but I'm amused at the comments I get about it being better than diet soda.

Amused by facts? Unlike diet soda, La Croix has no caffeine, no aspartame or other sweeteners, and no sodium. It's literally just like drinking normal water, it's just fizzy.

What facts?

Caffeine is a stimulant that increases endurance and, funny enough, it's not in Sprite Zero or many other sodas. Sodium is vital for human health, and not a concern unless someone has specific issues and has been advised by a doctor to cut back. The sweeteners have been consumed and researched extensively. They're fine. So again I say, what are these facts?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    DanSTL82 wrote: »
    I like La Croix, but I'm amused at the comments I get about it being better than diet soda.

Amused by facts? Unlike diet soda, La Croix has no caffeine, no aspartame or other sweeteners, and no sodium. It's literally just like drinking normal water, it's just fizzy.

This is about the fifth time in the last few days I have to say this.

Water.
    Contains.
    Sodium.

And that's not going into your other "facts" that were already talked about.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I drink plain cold water or unsweetened tea.
    There are a lot of flavors of tea.
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened cold brew iced tea. It has just enough flavor to keep it from getting boring, but it isn't bitter like unsweetened hot brewed tea. I think it's great you're trying to cut out soda, but it's not a bad thing if you allow yourself one once in a while. I let myself have one Dr. Pepper a day. It's really helped me keep control of my soda cravings
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I add a few ounces of 100% cranberry juice to my water (real cranberry juice, not that Ocean Spray crap). It gives it some flavor and makes me feel like I'm actually drinking something.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    1. Zevia!! It's pretty good and is sweetened with Stevia and they recently took their artificial colors out so all the sodas are clear and I personally think they're a perfect substitute for soda. They have a lot of flavors.

2. Maybe this product depends on where you live but Target (maybe other stores have them too I get them from Target) has carbonated water drinks called ICE and I am in love with the raspberry lemonade and strawberry lemonade and they are calorie free. Sweetened with splenda or something so if that's not your jam then these won't work but I drink them when I'm craving something sweet but don't want any extra snacks. The tea ones have caffeine in them though just a side note.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    chelseafxx wrote: »
    1. Zevia!! It's pretty good and is sweetened with Stevia and they recently took their artificial colors out so all the sodas are clear and I personally think they're a perfect substitute for soda. They have a lot of flavors.

2. Maybe this product depends on where you live but Target (maybe other stores have them too I get them from Target) has carbonated water drinks called ICE and I am in love with the raspberry lemonade and strawberry lemonade and they are calorie free. Sweetened with splenda or something so if that's not your jam then these won't work but I drink them when I'm craving something sweet but don't want any extra snacks. The tea ones have caffeine in them though just a side note.

1-I personally find anything sweetened with stevia absolutely disgusting. The after taste is horrible.

2-you made a point of the first brand having artificial colors being taken out, but then mention the ICE drinks? They have artificial colors.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    La Croix water is good. I also drink unsweetened green tea or slightly sweetened (a smudge of sugar) iced tea. Occasionally coffee with creamer, but usually a few caffeine pills with water throughout the day.