Who's on a low carb diet?

Options
I'm new to this app but I already been on my own weight loss and exercise plan. I track my meals everyday and will continue to track them on this app. I'm currently on a low carb diet(under 80g daily) with one cheat day on the weekend. I have lost 17lbs thus for and looking for friends with new ideas so I can stay on track. Is your low carb diet working and what's your strategy plan? ...... fill free to add me

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Weightloss comes down to calorie deficit. Low carb is just one way to reach a deficit.
  • clblive
    clblive Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My daily calorie intake is around 1600. It is pretty hard to eat a lot of calories when I'm not eating breads, starchy foods, and sugary foods.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm doing low carb, and tracking calories. You might find this group to be supportive.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I don't eat breads or starchy foods and I think 1600 is easy to hit. That's low for a dude.

I aim for 80g of carbs but I tend to be a bit over on the reg, though net carbs might be around 80. I also refeed once per week so am taking in closer to 250-300 before a big training day.
  • unionkel
    unionkel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on a low carb diet. I am trying to stick to a more strict carb count of less than 30g of carbs a day. I've had success of a 12 lbs loss thus far, but i haven't been on it for very long. I found myself eating WAY too much meat/dairy the first few days, so I'm in the process of trying to find a balance and still say within normal ranges. My best recommendation is buying a "spiralizer" from amazon (or a vegetti- cheaper version, works well though). I have been doing a lot of zucchini pasta with the spiralizer (there are different blades that allow you to do spaghetti type noodles/lasagna noodles etc). I've been really happy with the meals I've created so far.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Join the Low Carber Daily linked above. That is where most low carbers hang out.