Has juicing worked for anyone?

Options
I was wondering from Joe's juicing I really want to start

Replies

• brockb1981
    brockb1981 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I did it but gained it back. This time u did a three day fast too jumpstart my weight lose and do it once a week. I only do the mean green tho
  • brockb1981
    brockb1981 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I*
  • Ani2bfit
    Ani2bfit Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I lost about 7lbs in a week doing juice fast but gained them all back :( that was a few years ago though. Now I just have juice for the nutritional benefits. No more juice fasting
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Joe gained it all back as well. It's not very balanced, and doesn't teach you anything about maintaining any weight you do lose. How will you meet your nutritional needs? Proteins? Fibres? Fats? Our body needs all of these to function optimally. If you want to use juice to supplement your balanced diet, then go for it. Juice fasting is unnecessary at best, and dangerous at worst (depending on how long you plan on doing it). Personally, I use a nutribullet with some chia or flax seeds and a protein powder to create a smoothie which helps meet my nutritional needs, but it is nothing more than a supplement to my diet.
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Joes juicing is how I discovered MFP, I tried juicing between xmas and new year and lasted only 24 hours. It was simply awful, I felt awful and buying the huge quantities of stuff needed to make all the different juices was going to be difficult. So I thought there MUST be a better way! There is....!

Started MFP on 27th Dec 15, today is my 90th day and I have lost 32lbs only 5 to go to ideal weight for height, I've eaten pizza, drank wine etc but mostly through sensible filling food choices within the weekly calorie limit and being more active (no gym needed)

Good luck with your journey!
  • musicfreak1011
    musicfreak1011 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What's mfp
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What's mfp

My Fitness Pal
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Juicing worked for me... it tasted exactly like the stuff I put in, succeeded in quenching my thirst... and spiking my sugar calories for the day without any of the fiber.

Was that the desired result? I forget.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!