125 activities minutes but low calorie burn

2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    PaytraB wrote: »
    Iammelting wrote: »
    Yes , just trying to reach 2100 for the day but having a hard time even with extra activity

You haven't answered why you are trying to reach 2100 calories of exercise per day. That is very aggressive and would be hard to achieve.

She doesn't mean 2100 calories just on exercise calories. 2100 is her TDEE, which is her TOTAL daily burn including exercise.

That doesn't seem to be what she's implying from her questions though?

I dont know, that's how I read her post. Maybe she can come back and clarify, because there seems to be a lot of confusion about this.. I don't know how anyone could expect to burn 2100 just from exercise. Sure it can be done, but not by your normal everyday exerciser.
    Yes , just trying to reach 2100 for the day but having a hard time even with extra activity

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,519 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    An exceptional cyclist friend (a good 24hr racer)

I've done a couple of those. :)

• julielh72
    julielh72 Posts: 92 Member
    Which fitbit are you using? What are your stats?

To give some insight I will use myself as an example:

I am 43 years old, 163cm and weigh 151lbs.

On a rest day with just basic activity I burn around 1650. A 3 mile run gives me 327 calories.

On Saturday my TDEE was 2326 calories. I did a 90 minute (very intense) crossfit class that burned 550 calories plus I did quite a bit of walking around the shops plus housework.

If I was using walking as my only form of exercise I would need to walk for 75 minutes (I burn 6 cals per minute walking) to achieve 2100 cals TDEE.

I currently have the Fitbit Blaze but have also used the Charge HR. I have tested both of these against a Polar HR monitor chest strap and contrary to popular belief they have been pretty accurate in terms of calorie burn.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    PaytraB wrote: »

You haven't answered why you are trying to reach 2100 calories of exercise per day. That is very aggressive and would be hard to achieve.

She doesn't mean 2100 calories just on exercise calories. 2100 is her TDEE, which is her TOTAL daily burn including exercise.

That doesn't seem to be what she's implying from her questions though?

As a fitbit user I read her question as overall calories burned not just exersize
  • Iammelting
    Iammelting Posts: 64 Member
    I am not trying to get 2100 calorie of exercise just 2100 calorie burn total for the day
  • Iammelting
    Iammelting Posts: 64 Member
    for example yesterday I had 146 active minutes 21,540 steps and only burned 2142 for the day
  • Christine_72
    for example yesterday I had 146 active minutes 21,540 steps and only burned 2142 for the day

I'm 5'8 148lbs age 44, and that amount of steps would get me to around 2,600 total calories.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member

I'm 5'8 148lbs age 44, and that amount of steps would get me to around 2,600 total calories.

I'm 5'9" male and 39 weigh 171lbs and those steps would have me around 3000cals.

I think your fitbit calculated TDEE is right on the money. If you question it plug your height/weight into other calculators and see what they estimate your NEAT and BMR to be...
  • Christine_72

I'm 5'9" male and 39 weigh 171lbs and those steps would have me around 3000cals.

I think your fitbit calculated TDEE is right on the money. If you question it plug your height/weight into other calculators and see what they estimate your NEAT and BMR to be...

Thankyou! I'm continuously second guessing the numbers..
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member

What is your age/height?

I am 27, 5'2 and 127 and I have to RUN a 5k to get my TDEE to be around 2200.

If you're older and of similar height/weight, 2100 may be too large of a goal for you. What you could do, though, is increase the intensity of your steps. Running a mile burns more calories than walking a mile.