Does anyone else struggle to eat ENOUGH?

Options
I am having a tough time on some days to eat enough esp. when working out. Normally if I don't work out I've got a range of 300-700 cals below my daily goal (this is on top of the cals already taken out for the calorie deficit).

Throw in a hour or two work out and I'm trying to shove 800-1200 cals down my throat after the work out (which to make matters worse - I work out at night), and I'm still no where near the daily goal. I'm on a 50/30/20 Protein/Carb/Fat ratio, so snacking on some yummy doughnuts isn't an option. :wink:

I'm not starving from hunger from all the protein - I'm usually pretty full and why force myself to eat just to eat right? Anyone else struggle to eat enough?

Replies

• iamjeffb
    iamjeffb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am having a tough time on some days to eat enough esp. when working out. Normally if I don't work out I've got a range of 300-700 cals below my daily goal (this is on top of the cals already taken out for the calorie deficit).

Throw in a hour or two work out and I'm trying to shove 800-1200 cals down my throat after the work out (which to make matters worse - I work out at night), and I'm still no where near the daily goal. I'm on a 50/30/20 Protein/Carb/Fat ratio, so snacking on some yummy doughnuts isn't an option. :wink:

I'm not starving from hunger from all the protein - I'm usually pretty full and why force myself to eat just to eat right? Anyone else struggle to eat enough?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Ahhh.... welcome to my world!
    I am natorious for under-eating.
    I have found that sometimes DRINKING a few of my calories is the ONLY way I can top out (at least when I am eating healthy).
    Other little things.... toss in a few nutrient dense snacks.... nuts, trail mix, granola.... all have higher calorie count for their amount...which isn't all bad.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I must of been really excited about not being the only one who struggles with eating enough... .
    HAHA! Sorry for the double post. :flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    How much are you supposed to be eating? And 50% protein... wowza, I thought I was high at 30%...
  • amycakes812
    Options
    If I don't work out I am usually ok for eating my calories, but when I do work out I find myself in the same situation. Yesterday I did 2 hours and ended up burning more than 1300 calories! That doubled my calorie intake yesterday!! I ended up drinking a couple of glasses of wine just to up my calorie intake. lol I was stuffed by the end of my day and couldn't fit anything else in. I figure it won't hurt to be under every so often...just try not to make it a habit.
  • iamjeffb
    iamjeffb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 1900. The P90X program has you doing that ratio in it's "fat shredder" stage. While I'm not doing P90 at this time, my workouts are usually pretty intense and I usually burn around 800-1200 cals.

I think I'm gonna go ChubbyBunny's route and tank up on some scotch tonight...maybe I can get a Dr. note saying I'm not getting enough nutrition and I can drink a beer or two at work. :drinker:
  • scaredofcoasters
    scaredofcoasters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Friends with high metabolisms are nice to have :laugh: After I work out, I'm usually going out with friends. I eat most of my calories back when we're hanging out at a restaurant or something.