Diet/Nutrition Tips

Options
So, to piggy back off of the awesome post below about weight loss tips...

What are your top nutrition tips? I know CICO, weight food, etc. I'm just wondering what other food related tips everyone has.

TIA!

Replies

• bathmatt12345
    bathmatt12345 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    find exercise you love to do, makes it simple.
  • squirtychookgirl
    squirtychookgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, capsicum and zucchini/squash are my best friends. Low in calories and filling.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Meal plan, and plan to eat food you like - that makes it likely that you'll be following your plan. Even the best intentions can lead you nowhere. Food you make yourself from real, nutritious single food ingredients, will also be healthy.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    My biggest temptations come from being at work, where people are always bringing in goodies and offering me food. I pack meals full of filling vegetables and protein. I snack on crunchy carrots, cucumbers, red bell peppers, etc. to avoid going for the cookies. The crunch is satisfying and the fiber fills me up. It's a daily struggle (my co-workers are good bakers!).
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Dont eat horrible salads or anything that people tell you are delicious just because they are more healthy
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Dont eat horrible salads or anything that people tell you are delicious just because they are more healthy

Eat salads that are delicious! Panera Bread, Chili's and a lot of different restaurants have great salads! Just go light on the dressing. It's surprising how good and filling they are!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    sybabe35 wrote: »

Eat salads that are delicious! Panera Bread, Chili's and a lot of different restaurants have great salads! Just go light on the dressing. It's surprising how good and filling they are!

Very surprising... because they arent filling at all... You will walk out wanting a kebab half an hour later....
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Pack a deficit friendly lunch, whether for work, school, or running errands.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    sybabe35 wrote: »

Very surprising... because they arent filling at all... You will walk out wanting a kebab half an hour later....

You will walk out wanting a kebab half an hour later. Others may not.

Eat the foods you like. Don't eat foods you don't like. You have a limited calorie budget so only spend it on tasty, satisfying foods.

Experiment with your foods to find the ones that fill you up.

The closer you can stay to the way you normally eat, the more likely you are to stick with your eating plan.
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Prelog your food to be sure you are getting what you need without the stuff you don't.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hot foods help me feel full & satisfied. Salad just doesn't cut it for me. Soup & salad on the other hand.... Yum.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Extra water with every meal. Instead of having a salad with my dinner, I have it before my dinner.

Picked up a fitbit flex... and am very competitive. Added friends on there and has made me get up and move a LOT.