The Hardest Part About Success....

Options
JonoK
JonoK Posts: 147 Member
I want to hear about you overcoming the difficulties of your fitness journey.

Ready......... GO!

Replies

• JonoK
    Options
    Saying no to delicious meals because the value of your goal is greater than the immediate reward of something tasty.
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Saying no to well meaning friends who offer you delicious food and you have to politely say "no" without offending them.
  • WinDeez
    WinDeez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wake up from a nap after a 10 hours overtime shift plus one hour stuck in traffic. Just so you can head to the gym. All the voices in your head are giving excuses to skip today.

"You've lost 20 lbs already. You deserved a break."
    "You can do extra tomorrow to make it up."
    "Today is your leg day..."

You took a scoop of pre workout. Walked like a zombie to your car. Drove to the gym to make puddles of sweat.
  • Adphillips9
    Adphillips9 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Today my suit pants are held up with safety pins. Money is tight and I've still got 18lbs or so to go. I've been buying consignment for my work costume for a while, but I don't like buying interim clothing.
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 100lbs down with maybe 30 or 40 to go so not quite completely successful...but right now these are the things I'm struggling with...

Grocery shopping and cooking for an entire family when they are not all on the same path you are.
    Saying no to shopping...too expensive but so much more fun...but you probably won't get much wear cause you are still trying to lose.
    Saying no to chocolate that someone seems to have recently started restocking in the conference room
    Taking a rest
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    For me it's about understanding that success is an ongoing process, not an endpoint.
  • JonoK
    Options
    ituakalau wrote: »
    Saying no to well meaning friends who offer you delicious food and you have to politely say "no" without offending them.

Yeah, that's a tough one.
  • JonoK
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    For me it's about understanding that success is an ongoing process, not an endpoint.

Yes, to GET healthy is one means - but to STAY healthy is also the enduring challenge.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've only had a little success so far and the thing I dread most is the cost of buying even a small wardrobe to fit me for just a few weeks of my further progress.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge was finding new friends into health and fitness.
    All I had in common with my old crowd was being fat and overindulging.
  • JonoK
    Options

I think that's why many gravitate towards the MyFitnessPal Community. We're all pulling for your success.
  • JonoK
    Options
    Knowing that the temp will always change, but results will be life altering.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My husband, I love him and he is my best friend but he likes to eat out and it drives me crazy to spend money to eat a salad, lol.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    ForMe2No wrote: »
    I'm 100lbs down with maybe 30 or 40 to go so not quite completely successful...but right now these are the things I'm struggling with...

Grocery shopping and cooking for an entire family when they are not all on the same path you are.
    Saying no to shopping...too expensive but so much more fun...but you probably won't get much wear cause you are still trying to lose.
    Saying no to chocolate that someone seems to have recently started restocking in the conference room
    Taking a rest

You are doing fantastic. I have to say that if I am doing the cooking, everyone who is eating is on the same path I am.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Buying food with the need to finish all of it even though I am stuffed and my stomach is hurting because I do not want to waste money.
  • Lkush89
    Lkush89 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Body image. I've lost 40 pounds and still counting. I started at 184.4 and now I weigh 143.2. So many people have been complimenting me, but I've been having trouble seeing what everyone else sees. ap0zscn93e1f.jpeg
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options

Definitely!
  • swim777
    Options
    JonoK wrote: »

Yes, to GET healthy is one means - but to STAY healthy is also the enduring challenge.

Yes!
  • swim777
    Options
    Lkush89 wrote: »
    Body image. I've lost 40 pounds and still counting. I started at 184.4 and now I weigh 143.2. So many people have been complimenting me, but I've been having trouble seeing what everyone else sees. ap0zscn93e1f.jpeg
    You will see it. You are doing great! Don't give up!
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    JonoK wrote: »

I think that's why many gravitate towards the MyFitnessPal Community. We're all pulling for your success.

You nailed it brother!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!