Fitness tracker

Hello. I'm thinking about buying one of those fitness bands. Not to pricey. Does anyone have recommendations?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Misfit is one of the cheaper ones ($20-30 on amazon). It can be worn as a wristband or clipped on clothes.

Jawbone Up Move is the cheapest jawbone ($24-30 on amazon). It's a clip on.

Fitbit Zip is the cheapest and most basic Fitbit model ($50-60 on amazon). It is a clip on.

Garmin Vivofit ($50-60 without HR cheststrap or $75 - 86 with HR cheststrap on amazon ) is a wrist model. It reminds you to move every hour or so and it's battery is supposed to be good for a year before needing to be changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've used the Fitbit Zip and Garmin Vivofit.

I liked the Zip so much that I upgraded to the Flex.
    I had bad luck with the Flex and decided to try the VivoFit. I didn't like the software that went with the VivoFit, but there have been several updates to it since I had one. I actually really liked the device, but just couldn't stand the software that went with it. That however is more a matter of personal preference. I won't go into details, because I'm sure that my complaints with the software have been fixed since I used it. I know that the app looks much better now then it did before.
    After that I went back to Fitbit and got the Surge. Now I have the Blaze (band on my Surge started breaking just before the year mark) which has all the features I loved about the Surge and was $50 cheaper (Blaze doesn't have built in GPS, but it does have a color display, 3 Fitstar works preloaded into it, and I can buy replacement bands; All of which the Surge doesn't have).

Read the reviews though. Buy the one that fits your budget and has the features you want.
  • claudiaramos1310
    claudiaramos1310 Posts: 38 Member
    Misfit is one of the cheaper ones ($20-30 on amazon). It can be worn as a wristband or clipped on clothes.

Jawbone Up Move is the cheapest jawbone ($24-30 on amazon). It's a clip on.

Fitbit Zip is the cheapest and most basic Fitbit model ($50-60 on amazon). It is a clip on.

Garmin Vivofit ($50-60 without HR cheststrap or $75 - 86 with HR cheststrap on amazon ) is a wrist model. It reminds you to move every hour or so and it's battery is supposed to be good for a year before needing to be changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've used the Fitbit Zip and Garmin Vivofit.

I liked the Zip so much that I upgraded to the Flex.
    I had bad luck with the Flex and decided to try the VivoFit. I didn't like the software that went with the VivoFit, but there have been several updates to it since I had one. I actually really liked the device, but just couldn't stand the software that went with it. That however is more a matter of personal preference. I won't go into details, because I'm sure that my complaints with the software have been fixed since I used it. I know that the app looks much better now then it did before.
    After that I went back to Fitbit and got the Surge. Now I have the Blaze (band on my Surge started breaking just before the year mark) which has all the features I loved about the Surge and was $50 cheaper (Blaze doesn't have built in GPS, but it does have a color display, 3 Fitstar works preloaded into it, and I can buy replacement bands; All of which the Surge doesn't have).

Read the reviews though. Buy the one that fits your budget and has the features you want.

Thank you so much. I was looking all day online for one that goes best with me. I did see some one on the fitbit website. And I also looked at all the prices on Amazon & the original website of the product. I do like gps cause I walk and want to see where i have been, but I don't think gps really matters when I'm at the park & can see the trail lol I'm one of those people who likes to be reminded. I'm not forgetful but having a device like these it will push me to keep going & not quit. That's why I want to find one with a buzz when not active for so long. I will keep looking. Your response is highly appreciated.
  • shadow2soul
    I believe the VivoFit 2 buzzes (it's around $80 if I remember correctly).
  • claudiaramos1310
    And these sync with iOS?
  • shadow2soul
    edited April 2016
    Not sure about Misfit. But I know Garmin, Jawbone, and Fitbit do (fitbit is limited to iPhone 4s or newer for iOS).
  • don9992
    don9992 Posts: 49 Member
    I just bought the Polar A300 with their H7 heart rate transmitter. I like it a lot so far. The A300 is a nice movement sensor and the H7 can send heart data to the A300, my Android phone, or exercise equipment at the gym. Cost about $130 for the package.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Not sure about Misfit. But I know Garmin, Jawbone, and Fitbit do (fitbit is limited to iPhone 4s or newer for iOS).

The Misfit syncs with iPhone. I love mine. I had a fitbit but had a lot of trouble with it. I've had my Misfit since February and it works beautifully.
  • claudiaramos1310
    Thank you all for yalls help. Where do they sell the misfit?
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    I have a fit bit charge hr...which in my opinion is expensive but worth it.
  • claudiaramos1310
    I was looking at the misfit website. They have a tracker called misfit link. Is that a good one? It cost $20
  • shadow2soul
    Thank you all for yalls help. Where do they sell the misfit?

Amazon.com
    Target
    Walmart (more expensive than amazon, best buy or target)
    Best Buy
  • Glitch615
    Glitch615 Posts: 16 Member

Thank you so much. I was looking all day online for one that goes best with me. I did see some one on the fitbit website. And I also looked at all the prices on Amazon & the original website of the product. I do like gps cause I walk and want to see where i have been, but I don't think gps really matters when I'm at the park & can see the trail lol I'm one of those people who likes to be reminded. I'm not forgetful but having a device like these it will push me to keep going & not quit. That's why I want to find one with a buzz when not active for so long. I will keep looking. Your response is highly appreciated. [/quote]

``````````````````````````````````````

If you take your phone with you, you can use the free Map My Walk app that will track your route, distance, and pace over your walk :)
  • Glitch615
    Glitch615 Posts: 16 Member
    mmsilvia wrote: »
    I have a fit bit charge hr...which in my opinion is expensive but worth it.

I miss mine. :(
  • claudiaramos1310
    jennba5 wrote: »
    Thank you so much. I was looking all day online for one that goes best with me. I did see some one on the fitbit website. And I also looked at all the prices on Amazon & the original website of the product. I do like gps cause I walk and want to see where i have been, but I don't think gps really matters when I'm at the park & can see the trail lol I'm one of those people who likes to be reminded. I'm not forgetful but having a device like these it will push me to keep going & not quit. That's why I want to find one with a buzz when not active for so long. I will keep looking. Your response is highly appreciated.

``````````````````````````````````````

If you take your phone with you, you can use the free Map My Walk app that will track your route, distance, and pace over your walk :)[/quote]

I did use they app for awhile & really liked it too. But I don't like to carry my phone with me all the time. Especially if I'm working out. I do have one of those armbands to put the phone in & plug some earphones & all good. But I really do want the band/wrist, cause I don't have to carry my phone with me all the time. I can leave my phone in the kitchen while I do something else around the house.

• reggie69
    reggie69 Posts: 9 Member
    Waiting for my misfit shine to arrive!
    I chose it for the affordability and 50 m water resistance
  • claudiaramos1310
    Reggie69 let me know how it works for you.
  • Maurissa77
    Maurissa77 Posts: 29 Member

The Misfit syncs with iPhone. I love mine. I had a fitbit but had a lot of trouble with it. I've had my Misfit since February and it works beautifully.

I have a few misfits and I love them!!! You'll love having a fitness tracker...they are fun!