Tell us about Onderland!

Options
Dottie27
Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
Are you finally under the 200 lb. mark after being over it for years? Please tell those of us striving for this important goal about all the big and little things that make hitting the Onderland goal so great.

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    have been trying to get there for over 3 yrs. I keep on missing the boat or train. Still working at it though.
  • shelcof
    shelcof Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    7 pounds.....just 7 pounds to go....and I've stalled completely :(
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I am hovering, I crossed the border a month or so ago, but I am back out. I am sure I'll get allowed back in . . .
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It's been a feat and it's glorious, but, you just start striving for the next set of numbers, or so I do! I was 236 and was able to get to 199.8 and then stuck at about 205 for quite a long time...then, down to 193, then back to 203...it seemed 200 was my arch nemesis for years! Now, this time around, I'm sitting at 190.6 and am waiting with serious anticipation to hit the 180's. There is definitely SOMETHING about the 200 lb mark - that was my goal, forever and a day, to just get under that - now, it's under 190...then I'll want to be under 180...and so on. But, it's also pretty rewarding and terrific to FINALLY be LESS than 200 lbs! Keep working at it - it's totally doable and so worth it!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ive been under 200 for awhile,but the thing I remeber most about getting to onederland is I relaxed,my weight loss is still important and im still trying and working for it.But it j was not so mind consuming anymore,I stoped freaking out about minor changes in the scale,I just dont feel rushed anymore.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    It was a really big milestone. I hit it in April and have never looked back. I am now looking forward to the 170's. You can do it. just keep hanging in there and don't give up. It's still really hard to believe it is actually working. I have never lost this much weight before ever.

Best wishes.
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've got 11 more pds til I get to onederland!!! Can't wait!!!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It definitely is a wonderful feeling finally getting back into the Onederlands!! Took me 43 pounds and 13 months to finally get to that glorious number!!

No doubt about it - it's a LOT of HARD work. But if you're determined and committed to get there, don't let those "off" days get in your way. Wake up every morning with SHEER DETERMINATION to reach your goal (and mini-goals along the way). Commit to eating better. Commit to working out. Just commit.

One of the biggest things that helped was intense strength training - lifting HEAVY!! Build those muscles - cause muscles help burn fat. But don't forget cardio along the way.

Make simple substitutions in your diet. Measure out proportions. Keep healthier snacks around (for example, string cheese and almonds instead of potato chips and cookies).

And drink LOTS of WATER!! Can't stress that one enough.

Those are a few of my quick tips.... :-) Good luck on the journey!!! It is DEFINITELY worth it!!!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    im 199 as of today !! i do an hour of cardio every night and have been following my calorie and water in take to a tee!!! im so comfortable with this diet and workout program - it doesnt feel like a chore AT ALL!!

being under 200 - -even by just a lb so far - makes a whole lot of different, i feel like im within the normal boundries.... only another 46lb to go !!! xxxx

good luck ladies xx
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Me too, just 7 pounds to go. I can't wait to see the number 1 !!!!
  • Dottie27
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your experiences, it really helps those of us wanting to finally hit the below the 200 lb. mark. It's a really important milestone shared by so many MFP. Please keep the thoughts and motivation coming. Keep bumping this topic so we can hear from all the Onderland success stories!
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    15 lbs away myself, down 40 lbs from my heaviest. I'll really want to get there by the 1st of september.
  • Dottie27
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS! Please feel free to share more thoughts and tips. Keep up the good work!
  • shelcof
    shelcof Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Me too, just 7 pounds to go. I can't wait to see the number 1 !!!!

Ooh we are at the same place and have the same goal....WE CAN DO IT!!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Yes, thanks for sharing. This was the message of hope I needed to hear today. :flowerforyou:
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I love this post! I cannot wait for onderland also.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I just had to tell you (FindFaith)that you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! new found motivation!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    This is one of my ultimate goals!!!

While I am striving in the long term to reach 180, I know that I will look and feel really good at 199- as I'm 6'1" it looks pretty 'slim' on my frame.

Here's to reaching that magical land...... for me hopefully by new year.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!