Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fit bit confussion

Im real confussed on how the fit bit part works with my fittness pal. I workout,hike and cycle. But only geting 200 calories burned frim fitbit to my fitness pal.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    What do you have your activity level on MFP set to? If it is set above sedentary you'll have to do a lot more before you see any extra calories. MFP already assumes you'll burn a set amount of calories in the day based on your activity level. Once you start burning above that amount you'll start seeing the fitbit adjustment. 200 calories sounds like a pretty good amount to me though, unless you're spending hours working out.
  • Jburlen2007
    Jburlen2007 Posts: 59 Member
    She sumed it up perfectly.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Turn on negative adjustments, you then might get a better idea of how many calories your burning.

Say you have negative adjustments off and the adjustment says zero, then you ride your bike for 4 hours and it gives you a piddly extra 200 calories you might feel ripped off.

But with negative adjustments turned on you might find before exercise you are at -200 calories for exercise adjustment and +200 after your bike ride, suddenly seeing that it was actually a 400 calories adjustment makes it all seem more worth while.