Pin-up Girls - WEEK 5

Options

Replies

• poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I missed weigh in this week. Had a much better week though. from 200 down to 198.6. Yay for Onederland.
    Now I just need to bump up my excersice and avoid the snacks.
  • misschocolate82
    Options
    thank you once again rach
    and well done everyone this week xxx
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I missed weigh in this week. Had a much better week though. from 200 down to 198.6. Yay for Onederland.
    Now I just need to bump up my excersice and avoid the snacks.

Congrats!! :drinker:
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    Alright ladies! I have returned from my last wedding of the season and its go time! I had zero time for mfp but I'm back but I need some help with my vengence!! :devil:

Yall can't let me slack again like this last 4 weeks (what, it was only 3 weddings in 4 weekends with not one in the same timezone!!!). Work has gotten a little wild and summer classes can go bite themselves.

BUTTTTTTT I miss my exercising. I MISSSSSS Tony Horton. Once a girl gets used to that voice at 5AM, it's hard to lose it.

Can back in?? Pretty Pretty please???
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Alright ladies! I have returned from my last wedding of the season and its go time! I had zero time for mfp but I'm back but I need some help with my vengence!! :devil:

Yall can't let me slack again like this last 4 weeks (what, it was only 3 weddings in 4 weekends with not one in the same timezone!!!). Work has gotten a little wild and summer classes can go bite themselves.

BUTTTTTTT I miss my exercising. I MISSSSSS Tony Horton. Once a girl gets used to that voice at 5AM, it's hard to lose it.

Of course!!! We missed you! Just update me on your weight! :flowerforyou:
  • FrankyOsage
    Options

Of course!!! We missed you! Just update me on your weight! :flowerforyou:

Keeping myself honest and updating to the *post month stress ball "vacation"* weight..... (209.1) Hoping it drops quickly with all the water im drinking!
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    Way to go all!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Goal this week. Stop gaining weight ugh! I am sure it is TOM related but it still pisses me off! Great job ladies!
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've had a revelation. If you exercise and burn calories, you will start to lose weight and feel better. Mind blowing, I know.

So I decided to get my butt in gear again. I was exercising a lot over the winter but had to stop due to an ugly little thing called pressure hives that inhibits me from a lot of things. I just got out of the routine and the weight loss has been at a stand still. It's really tough to stay at calorie goal and not go over every day, so I've just been maintaining for weeks and weeks. Now the maintaining has turned into a little gain, a little more gain and now I'm just down right scared of ending up right where I started. So, Monday night I did push ups and sit ups. Tuesday treadmill, Wed treadmill and push ups/sit ups. I'm sore as hell but I'm already feeling better about myself because I'm doing something about it, not just feeling sorry for myself that I'm not losing weight.

I may or may not have a loss on Monday, especially since I'm going to my parent's by the lake for some sun and boating this weekend, but getting refocused is way better than feeling sorry for myself.

Hope everyone finishes strong this week!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I've had a revelation. If you exercise and burn calories, you will start to lose weight and feel better. Mind blowing, I know...
    Haha! nice revelation! :) Way to get back on track! And have fun at your parents' place. it sounds like an amazing time!

I'm having a tough time drinking water this week. I have been really low most days. Someone kick me in the tushy.
  • valeriedent2
    valeriedent2 Posts: 154
    Options
    Great job again, ladies!!

I'm really struggling this week. I killed it last week, then threw it all away over the weekend. Started out fine on Monday, started losing momentum Tuesday, and yesterday and so far today have been a complete and total waste.

Aunt Flo arrived today, so I'm hoping to get control of the situation again by tomorrow, definately by Saturday. At that point I'll have some serious workout catching up to do, but that's fine. Get me in the right mindset for the rest of the week!!

Keep up all the hard work, girls!!
  • claeysm
    claeysm Posts: 85
    Options
    I just dont know whats going on with my weight at the moment!! i lost 8 pounds this week (after having no loss for like 5 weeks) then now all of sudden i've put ten back on!!!! EUGH its so annoying :(
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I just dont know whats going on with my weight at the moment!! i lost 8 pounds this week (after having no loss for like 5 weeks) then now all of sudden i've put ten back on!!!! EUGH its so annoying :(

Well when you lost the 8lbs, you said you had been sick right?? You're body was probably weak and dehydrated from fighting sickness and now it's trying to adjust back to normal. Don't fret. Just keep making healthy choices and it'll all balance out. :flowerforyou:
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Wow to the 8 lbs! You ladies have all been working it!

I was the same, but I had TOM this past week. This week is already looking up with a nice 2 hour workout today. Gonna try to attend a weight class at my gym tomorrow. I'm scared! My weak, weak arms are going to cry! lol

Keep up the great work everyone!

Whoa cool! How did the class go??

Thanks again for keeping us all organized and motivated Rach!

I have a photoshoot scheduled for friday so I'm really buckling down. I'm eating clean and whole until then (but that still includes protein powder) and trying to watch my sodium intake so I'm not bloated. I am so close to my goal I just need to push push push!!

hey cocobeanie! I missed the class. My boys were at the gym and the timing just didn't work out. I will try again, though. I wasn't sure about working my arms on Wednesday anyhow, since my pole dancing class is that night (2 hrs!)

Are you doing a pinup photoshoot? I hope you share pics - even if it isn't pinup!!

Finally, I have a question for everyone. A pinup photographer here is having mini-sessions (cheaper) at the end of July and August. I'm considering the August one, but I won't be at my goal weight by then. Should I go for it anyhow or wait until I'm at goal? I keep going back and forth!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Finally, I have a question for everyone. A pinup photographer here is having mini-sessions (cheaper) at the end of July and August. I'm considering the August one, but I won't be at my goal weight by then. Should I go for it anyhow or wait until I'm at goal? I keep going back and forth!

DO IT! It will give you the motivation to stay on track between now and then and I'm sure it will be amazing no matter what. Use it as one of your rewards for making so many healthy changes in your life.
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! It seems that I'm back on track and my body's responding to the increased salads and veggies. I seem to be steadily losing weight each day which is good, only 12 lbs left to my goal now!
    Have got a busy food and drink filled weekend coming up though, but it should be fun! Am going to a 1940s dance in a WWII aircraft hangar, have got me floral tea dress and will try and do my hair pin-up ish! Any suggestions? I've got just below shoulder length hair.

Will try and take piccies!
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    Hey everyone! It seems that I'm back on track and my body's responding to the increased salads and veggies. I seem to be steadily losing weight each day which is good, only 12 lbs left to my goal now!
    Have got a busy food and drink filled weekend coming up though, but it should be fun! Am going to a 1940s dance in a WWII aircraft hangar, have got me floral tea dress and will try and do my hair pin-up ish! Any suggestions? I've got just below shoulder length hair.

Will try and take piccies!

Best website ever: I think they have some hair manuals in there somewhere!! http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    My love of crawfish etouffe will always outweigh my hate of sodium water weight. Sorry weight loss gods! I'm a gulf coaster through and through!

Legs and Back today? I think I will.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I went from 184.4 to 178.0, 6.4 pounds. WOW It just goes to show that eating healthy works. I had gained about 10 pounds stress eating and not working out and this week I was diligent in eating healthy. No exercise, but that starts today with moving. So, I am sure it will go down a little more over the weekend, to get me back to where I was before I started stress eating.

It is going to be a beautiful weekend. No rain and in the 60's and 70's for the move. I am very thankful for that. Going to have my Shakeology breakfast this morning and get started. Have a great weekend ladies. :bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Down to 166.0 this morning even though Tom is here to visit. Hoping to see a big loss this week, because my goal was 165 by Monday (6/27) Right now I only have 16lbs to go to hit my birthday weight!! Eeeek!! That sounds like hardly anything at all....hell I remember when my ticker wouldn't BUDGE off 10lbs loss and look at me now! I guess things are finally making sense and the healthy habits are starting to come a little easier.

:flowerforyou: