Addicted to Chilli!

Options
Is there anyone else out the addicted to Chilli?
I eat it at all meals. Paste or chopped fresh and even the trinidad butch scorpions. So hot but mind blowing. Lots of vitamin C and fast motabilism and a burning mouth. Lol
Who else loves Chilli?
Share experiences......

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I love it too. I probably have 6-8 varieties in my freezer in single portions (along with a lot of other food) and each is under 250 calories for a subtiantial portion.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    LOL...do you get the sweats and shakes if you don't have it? I put hot sauce on everything, most days...but I don't think you or I, are "addicted" per se....
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I think OP means chili peppers, not the soup/stew.

But I like both, so whatever.

I can't tolerate the really hot peppers straight up. Ghost peppers w/habanero in a salsa? Could be awesome if it is well balanced. Not going to just chop those up and eat them though. Most jalapenos from the store I find mild enough to eat that way.
  • Beefjerky8
    Beefjerky8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ha, it is like a craving that goes away immediately when I eat the Chilli! Endorphin release. Yum yum
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I am a chilihead, yes.

Thai curry
    Fresh Jalapenos
    Cayenne pepper
    Ethiopian Berebere
    Garlic Chili Paste oh my yes, the one with the ship on the label.
    Canned Chipotles en Adobo
    Pickled Jalapenos en Escabeche

I like spicy food so much. Not at every meal for me but every couple of days.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to New Mexico where we put chile (red or green) in and on EVERYTHING! I personally can't handle really hot chile, and since developing interstitial cystitis, I have to limit my intake. But I still eat it as often as possible.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce everywhere! And last summer I dried my own chilies and made my own crushed red pepper, ground Cayenne, crushed Thai chili. They go in everything. Froze some garden habaneros, poblanos, and jalapenos too!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    That sounds incredible! I love really spicy things! Love using the Blairs hot sauces, and for the past couple of years have been getting fresh Carolina Reapers and ghost peppers from my CSA to freeze for the winter. I love them, but I double glove to cut them and my hands still burn like fire! That's how I know they're good, especially in chili. :)
  • robininfl
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    Welcome to New Mexico where we put chile (red or green) in and on EVERYTHING! I personally can't handle really hot chile, and since developing interstitial cystitis, I have to limit my intake. But I still eat it as often as possible.

Is Cayenne OK? That one is easier on the insides. Just dust it onto things like boiled eggs, not too hot if you don't cook it but such lovely flavor. Also the turkish one, aleppo pepper.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Beefjerky8 wrote: »
    Is there anyone else out the addicted to Chilli?
    I eat it at all meals. Paste or chopped fresh and even the trinidad butch scorpions. So hot but mind blowing. Lots of vitamin C and fast motabilism and a burning mouth. Lol
    Who else loves Chilli?
    Share experiences......
    Hi, I'm Robert...and I'm a chili-holic....
    ;)
    I have about 20 different ways to make chili.
    One very nice recipe is to include cubed sweet potatoes with the meat. Wow!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    @ilex70 that's what I get for posting so early in the morning. I do keep a lot of hot peppers in my freezer, though, if I can't use them fast enough! :)
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    Hot sauce everywhere! And last summer I dried my own chilies and made my own crushed red pepper, ground Cayenne, crushed Thai chili. They go in everything. Froze some garden habaneros, poblanos, and jalapenos too!

I do this every summer too! We use red pepper paste (called Pimenta Muida (sp) in Portuguese) on almost everything, which I top with Frank's Hot sauce..lol! YUMMO!
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Love chilies of all kinds.

One of my favorites is the Thai pickled green chili. Sour and warm, long lasting hot, like pickled jalapenos. Sriracha is another favorite.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    *now looking up where to find Pimenta Moida to put in everything*
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Chili? Or Pepper? My evening snack of Harold's Gormay Texicun Dern Hot Pickuls are heated by the juice of the mighty habanero.
  • robininfl
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    *now looking up where to find Pimenta Moida to put in everything*

Pimiento Molido is the spanish labeling on our ground red pepper. It says Chile Quebrado or Pimiento Quebrado on the crushed red pepper flakes...
  • robininfl
    Options

One of my favorites is the Thai pickled green chili. Sour and warm, long lasting hot, like pickled jalapenos. Sriracha is another favorite.

oh yeah and that weird Indian pickle with the unripe mango. That is an unusual taste but also adds heat. Great on the curried garbanzo beans and oddly I think it would be a good match with cream cheese.
  • Curtism1234
    Curtism1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We grow cayenne peppers and have good luck putting them in the dehydrator (as long as they are not frozen). Pretty easy - grab one out of the bag, crush it in your hand, and throw the pieces into the pot.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »

oh yeah and that weird Indian pickle with the unripe mango. That is an unusual taste but also adds heat. Great on the curried garbanzo beans and oddly I think it would be a good match with cream cheese.

Wow I also like that Indian condiment. That one I tried was also salty. My coworker told me to get just a little.

When I go to Rubio, I get one scoop of each sauce available! LOL.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Another New Mexican here - red and green chile are everywhere and I love it. I don't think I have it everyday, but pretty darn close. I mean, really, we put it on damn near anything.